Memorial Problem

by InTheSpotlight 23 Replies latest jw friends

• thomas15
    thomas15

I agree totally with JeffT.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I spoke to a JW i know over the phone today briefly about these concerns and asked if i could sort of step out at the moment the bread and wine is passed around and he said it would be ok. Not sure how practical that will be though.

Christ said you should partake they'rd telling to step out of the way to avoid doing what Christ said Christians should do. How warped is that?

If I went to the Memorial, I would refuse to partake because I believe that the WTS is not approved by God and does not have the authority to consecrate the wine and bread.

StAnn

Amen to that!

I would explain to them that what they are doing is a mockery of a Christian teaching. If I went (like that would happen) I would make a point of letting them know that they just had a meeting where they went out of their way to reject Christ.

Or why tell them I'll come to your KH and see how you do it if you will attend my church and see how we do communion. Right now they're pretending that there isn't all that much difference between them and you because they are hoping to suck you in.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    I am a Christian. Never been a JW but interested in trying to better understand these people and reach them.

If the man who wrote the Aid to Bible Understanding book couldn't reach them, what chance do you have? The minute you partake of the emblems you'll be dismissed in their minds. Understand this, from the moment you walk in the front door the goal of every JW in the room will be to convert you. Heck, your very PRESENCE at the Memorial event will be a small form of validation for them.

Good luck bro!

• steve2
    steve2

My view on a Christian from another "group" trying to debate with the JWs in the Kingdom Hall is too much like "out of the frying pan and into the fire".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit