Left the WT but why the loss of your faith in God?

by Luo bou to 65 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

When you scrutenize and break the scriptures down, when you look around you at every day life it can be very easy to lose faith of any kind, to lose hope that things will get better.

Initially when I left I went through the whole questioning phase...all were: why this? or why that? how come god allows this or that? I then saw a documentary on the Rowandan women and what these women had gone through - the atrocities were absolutely more than anything you and I could imagine. That is when I started questioning god. Why would he allow such horrid things like that to happen - he is supposed to be this all loving god and yet he has abadonned his people. I lost faith in the god of the bible/watchtower - or at least how I perceived him.

Once I stopped thinking of god in human terms then it fell into perspective. Once I stopped human-fying him and realised he doesn't come into the equation - it started making sense.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

When you scrutenize and break the scriptures down, when you look around you at every day life it can be very easy to lose faith of any kind, to lose hope that things will get better.

Initially when I left I went through the whole questioning phase...all were: why this? or why that? how come god allows this or that? I then saw a documentary on the Rowandan women and what these women had gone through - the atrocities were absolutely more than anything you and I could imagine. That is when I started questioning god. Why would he allow such horrid things like that to happen - he is supposed to be this all loving god and yet he has abadonned his people. I lost faith in the god of the bible/watchtower - or at least how I perceived him.

Once I stopped thinking of god in human terms then it fell into perspective. Once I stopped human-fying him and realised he doesn't come into the equation - it started making sense.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It happened the other way around for me: I left the WTS because I had no faith or belief in gawd.

• steve2
    steve2

Moving on from toy cars to real cars does not involve loss; it reflects progress.

• tympan
    tympan

Same as Elsewhere for me too.

I left when I understood evolution and I realised that there was no creator god.

It was (and still is) very liberating.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Ok this is how I see it. Origins of WTS are full of deception to say the least. I'm ASSuming that it was thanks to angel of light that this whole mess got started. The religion took on God's name and hid behind it as if it was holy. We who accepted it at the time thought so too and were programmed not to question it. After few of us found the truth about the WTS we left disillusioned and bitter questioning everything that we believe(d). Many concluded that there is no God, others went totally the opposite way in being zealoes for pentecostal or born again christians but I would guess that the majority went the way of athiesm. And another point fot the angel of light, you stay in the lie or leave and leave God all together, either way Lucifer wins.

How's that for a theory? For me? I still believe in Jehovah, but my faith has been shaken. I got nothing to do with any religion but I do examine the bible and nothing else. I have open mind to anything scientific so who knows where I'll be in future time??? Would be nice to have some sign to have faith strengthened but I doubt that will occur - so where is my faith heading??? I don't know

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was brought up to beleive in god but my parents never attended church.I and my siblings were sent off to church every sunday At a very early age, .early teens I considered myself an agnostic.In my late teens I became a J.W. convinced they were the channel jehovah was using to instruct/.warn people of his purposes.It took me 33 years to become dissollusiuned with the society.The watchtower society is a living example of the bible being an instrument on which you can play any tune.Their history from their own publications testifies to this fact , over the decades.I firmly beleive now that religion is a means of control that govt.`s / authourities have instituted from times long past to control and regulate the masses,whether it be hindu christendom islam judaism or any other of the multitudes of other religions, IT`S ALL ABOUT CONTROL CONTROL,CONTROL. of the human population

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Oh and just in case you didn`t get my subtle feelings on the matter BILLIONS of humans have suffered, man woman and child,over the centuries ,almost six by now ,because of one / two ,Peoples ?? wrong choice influenced by satan a perfect ? creation ?, what has satan suffered over this time???? Bugger all as far as the bible is concerned,he`s just allienated from his god. geez is that all!!!!Weigh up the scales and see weather they weigh in satans favour or not,I bet they do

smiddy

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was born in 4th generation. I left because I couldn't take the 2 faced bullshit anymore. I never really believed it was the truth anyway but what else was I to do being a 4th generation JW except get baptised, People started asking me about when I was going to do it so I did what was expected of me. I think for me it was about gaining control of my own life. That's why I left. I DA ed to get people off my back and take a stand for myself.

I never learned anything but the JW version of god from birth. Jehovah is a mean nasty angry god and I don't want anything to do with him. I'm still not sure if I believe in a god at all. I guess for me it's hard to trust something I can't see or feel in a real way. It's not that I don't want to believe I just find it very hard to have faith in anything now. I have real trust issues with people let alone a invisible Deity. I think it comes from loosing the people I held closest to me when I left. I also still have the issues of being not good enough for god after all these years out. It's hard to over come a life time of never feeling good enough. I also have attachment issues. I dont let myself get attached to people anymore.

• steve2
    steve2

Faith in God has done significantly more to harm life on this planet than no faith in God. Faith leads people to feel total justification in doing anything in the "name" of God, including acts of genocide, which is sanctioned in scripture, i.e., The Old Testament or Hebrew Scriptures. The Watchtower is cut from the same cloth as the idiotic mind-sets supported in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit