Thought y'all might enjoy this one...

by under_believer 23 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I thought the paintings without the people were esp beautiful and the ones with the people were nice too, it's just they remind me of the paradise book and brochures, which does not bring good feelings along with it.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It looked like a cowboy on the ostrich to me.

Well, Ostriches must be the latest thing to muse to entertain those sugar plum dreams. If you remember, the creepy GB person who gave that talk "You will be with me in paradise" also used an ostrich illustration. It was this one.

The paintings I saw on the link were very small. Can anyone tell me how to enlarge them? Also, is there any mention of the artists who rendered these paintings. I wonder if they were JWs. Any info?

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

I remember being in service, working in nice middle class neighborhoods, and grown witnesses commenting on how nice that house is, and she hopes Jehovah leaves it standing after Armageddon, so she could take up residence.

That comment made me wince then, now it's down right laughable.

They really think this way.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

too bad such artistic talent is wasted on the walls of a JW assembly hall. And no thanks, I want no part of a JW version of paradise.

I remember the mural at the St Louis Assembly Hall. When the discussion was to replace that wall with windows to look out on (eventually) a beautiful real garden, you would have thought they were talking about defacing the holy grail.

There was a map of the world on the wall of the library in the KH I used to attend. (from the Yearbook). One day, the brother who painted it on there visited his old hall, and seen it was still there and asked "why havent you painted over that? Its out of date." Took another few years until the remodel before they repainted.

Snakes ()

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

All that swamp .. I mean wetland and not a mosquito, leach or person eating crocodile to spoil your day. Glad to see the Chinese urhu survived Jehovah's holocaust.

Actually I'm pretty disgusted at the way the Watchtower Bible and Tract publishing empire comodifies cultural diversity and stereotypes to it's own sick agenda. White people play guitars, chinese the urhu and black folk smile like the're at a negro spiritual revival.

The Brooklyn bible romantics taking something as beautiful and magical as ancient chinese culture and corrupting it into a girl playing kingdom melodies pisses me off. As does the exploitation of traditional dress, particularly when Christian sects including the dubs have done their level best to destroy the belief systems those cultures represent. It's extremely disrespectful and quite bizzare.

Urhu

• Borgia
    Borgia

Notice to that the Sing praises to Jehovah songbook has made it into the new system.....what do you no.....even in the new world you can go to bethel and work you ass off for nothing........

Cheers

Borgia

• oldflame
    oldflame

Okay this one got me, the picture with the little girl with her two front teeth missing. Well if we are going to live in a paradise world in perfection would a child have to loose their teeth ? I hardly doubt it.

• DJK
    DJK

The missing teeth? A passion smile maybe. Maybe pedophilia won't be a sin in the new order.

Thank you for using KODAK.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The comments under the photos are even funnier than the artwork! ROFL

Satan: it's me! get off the internet

The mural reminds me of the mural in the prophet's office on Big Love. gross

Because of the style (very flat looking, poor perspective and lots of highlights) and the color (washed out pastels), I suspect they are trying to make the mural resemble what the artwork looks like when reproduced on the pages of the ragazines.

LOVE the ostrich/zebra racing with the lamb playing first base coach......and the lion wearing a lei. LOL--thanks for the good laugh.

• villabolo
    villabolo

"Okay this one got me, the picture with the little girl with her two front teeth missing. Well if we are going to live in a paradise world in perfection would a child have to loose their teeth ?"

"The missing teeth? A passion smile maybe. Maybe pedophilia won't be a sin in the new order."

Those are milk teeth you dummies and pervs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit