New anointed rejected by the WT-society

by Kosonen 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

slim, good point. Perhaps they are trying to make people more reluctant to claim being of the annointed AND AT THE SAME TIME if the GB wants a certain company man to join the GB they can 'encourage' him to be annointed....

• anewme
    anewme

I was so stupid and honest while I was a JW. I could have declared myself anointed way back in the 70s

and maybe enjoyed a few perks for the 30 years I wasted.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

According to the Society the door was closed in 1881 (see the litterature of that time)

So those on the Gibbering Buddy baptised after that date are BOGUS. Of course like so many other dates they set it was brought forward to give it more relevance to those around at the time.

After all even Da Judge must have known that an 1881 closing date would make people ask the point of joining his crackpot publishing company. (and challenge his qualifications to be the president thereof)

HB

• sacolton
    sacolton

Matthew 23:13

How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door to the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You don't go in yourselves, and you don't allow those who are trying to enter to go in.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The WT society has always ignored the rank and file annointed. Most of those who claimed to be annointed in the congos were slightly delusional, but they never made policy decisions.

The Gob body has always made the decisions and this is not the first article they have put out to tell the rest to keep their opinions to themselves.

@salcatron-so true

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

3 John 9-11

9 I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us. 10 So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.

11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

• leavingwt
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have not read or listened to this article , but the gist of the post is the same as was published in

WT 07 5/1 p31

. "On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.

How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. (Romans 14:12) However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights," beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation. They humbly remember that some anointed men in the first century did not qualify to serve as elders or ministerial servants. (1 Timothy 3:1-10, 12, 13; Titus 1:5-9; James 3:1) Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) And sisters, although anointed, did not teach in the congregation.—1 Timothy 2:11, 12."

• undercover
    undercover

I listened through the lates download WT, June 15, 2009. www.jw.org There is an article: The Faithful Steward and Its Governing Body.
    This article makes it clear that new anointed will not be consulted in preparing spiritual food. Other sheep are also told in other words not to listen to the opinion of new anointed in the congregations.

When did the GB ever consult any of the anointed that wasn't part of the leadership?

I've known a couple of annointed people and they weren't any different than the rest of us lowly publishers, except they got to sip some wine and nibble on a cracker once a year. They also had the privilege of having fingers pointed at them and being whispered behind their backs when the R&F pointed them out to other dubs.

They didn't get calls from Brooklyn asking them for their spiritual insight.

But it is interesting that they're releasing info basically telling the R&F to ignore new "anointed" ones. They've dug a big ole hole but didn't take a ladder down with them into it. Now they're stuck with no way out.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

As undercover mentioned, they never consulted the majority of the "anointed". They don't even know who they are! And dubs have always accepted this. A "spirit directed organization" can be mystical about where they get ideas and no one really cares. Save for the few who see what you see, get sick of it, and leave.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit