Serious Question

by Prisca 66 Replies latest social relationships

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Tom

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Freud

And a mounting block is just a mounting block.

visit Red's house and see her set up.

Now, we can work with that one for a while, don't you think, Red?

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Carmel,

You're telling us that you're 6'3"? I work with a kid that heighth. I'm his old woman boss at 5'4". When we have a confrontation time to time - he towers over me. Feel like kicking him in the shins. He waves his arms too. Tall people have the damned longest arms - particularily when waving them around. Makes it seem like they're 10 foot friggin' tall.

You tall people can be so intimidating. Good thing I'm a secure, short, old woman. He still works with me, says Yes Ma'am (southern boy) and we get along, so I guess he does alright - for a tall boy.

waiting

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hand waving you say? Hell, you don't want me working for you! I've been trained by the Israeli's! You'd think I was trying to intimidate when it was a jesture of admiration!

carmel

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Carmel,

The thought of a tall white man in Israel waving his arms around - for whatever reason - is worth a chuckle.

Thanks.

I once got a Christmas job in a department store as Santa Claus. A little girl rushed up to me and said, "Hello, Father Christmas." I replied "Bugger off, I'm not on duty until eleven." W.C. Fields

waiting

• larc
    larc

W.C. Fields also said "Some people say I don't like children. I do to, I like them Parboiled." Waiting, would you buy me a quote book for Christmas, I'm plum near out of quotes.

Waiting, I have a philosphical question for you. If a man was in the middle of a forest, and there were no women around to hear him. If he said something would he still be wrong?

• Carmel
    Carmel

LARC,

Dam, wish I'd asked that question!

Waiting,

at 5'4" you must be the caretaker of the "mother of all mounting blocks"! Are there mounting "pits"?

carmel

• waiting
    waiting

hey larc,

Marriage always demands the greatest understanding of the art of insincerity possible between two human beings. Vicki Baum

If he said something would he still be wrong?

Only if it was a wrong statement said in the first place. A woman would just point out that to him - if he was wrong in the first place.
    If necessary, we would gladly point that out again and again and again. Generally speaking, of course.

hey carmel

This is as close as I could get to your professional field. At least it's a "gist."

A lot of girls go out with me just to further their careers - damn anthropologists. Emo Philips

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 24 December 2000 11:38:23

• larc
    larc

Well I'll be dang, I juss thunk up another quote. Robert Benchley said, "Marriage is the relationship between two people. One who wants the bedroom window open at night and the other who wants it closed."

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    If a man was in the middle of a forest, and there were no women around to hear him. If he said something would he still be wrong?

(sigh) Now let's consider this logically. The man is obviously wrong before he ever opens his mouth. Why? Because he got himself stuck in the middle of the friggin forest in the first place. And why is he stuck in the middle of the forest? Because the fool refused to stop and ask for directions...that's why. Therefore, the point is moot.

A better question to ask is, if a man is in the middle of the forest, where there are no women around to hear him, will he be able to get up and get his OWN beer?

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red,

You go girl...

The best way to get a husband to do anything is to suggest that he is too old to do it. Shirley MacLaine

I love being married. It's so great to find the one special person you want to anoy for the rest of your life. Rita Rudner

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit