Leaving for Texas in the morning

by John Doe 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

For history, "Remember The Alamo". I don't know how close you'll be to San Antonio.

http://www.thealamo.org/

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You could visit the local KH...

• cawshun
    cawshun

Be sure to ride the ferry boat across the Bay to Crystal Beach, so many beach homes were destroyed by Hurricane Ike, it totally changed the landscape of the beach, also, rolls and rolls of bech cabins were destroyed, a lot of the damage is still there. Car's buried in sand, row's of stilts standing that held beach cabins, debri still piled on the road side. It still looks a bit like a war zone.

Quite a few of my friends had beach cabins that were washed away.

Galveston has a lot of tourist sights, the Strand, Older historical home tours, and be sure to taked pics of the beautiful St. Louis hotel.

I answered a phone survey the other day about getting gambling in Tx. On the Indian Reservations and possibly in Galveston. They could make Galveston a gambling strip that would help bring in revenue and help get Galveston back on its feet. Most Texans want gambling but the legislators won't put it on the ballot for us to vote on. I hope that get's changed

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

ummm... ok

1. Yes galva bay is the ocean. It is the gulf of mexico which is tech part of the atlantic ocean. You arent looking at the intercoastal channel. It is the gulf. The water is just as salty there as montaray bay mmmkay?

2. Cali is cool too.

3. Moody Gardens in galva is cool... cheep? not that i remember.

4. Coo museum? Nat hist La CALI with la brea.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I hope you have a great vacatiion.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

damn you prolly pass right through lafayette on I10. Too bad you cant stop and say hi.

• free2think
    free2think
    damn you prolly pass right through lafayette on I10. Too bad you cant stop and say hi.

Aww Ip he doesnt know what he's missing.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

A lot of people put Galveston down, saying it's a dirty town, but I love it. You can walk a long ways into the ocean before it ever drops off into the deep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit