Leaving for Texas in the morning

by John Doe 27 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

for a three day vacation. Going to go to Galveston and see the ocean for the first time. Will probably go to the space center in Houston. Anything else I should put on my list? Are there any good cheap museums?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The Hill Country in Texas is beautiful, wish you had more time.

Have fun, you will love the ocean. Well, the gulf isnt really the ocean

purps

• Satanus
    Satanus

Be sure to play glen campbell's 'galveston'.

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Going down IH 45 as you are approaching Houston you will see a big ass statue of Sam Houston. A really REALLY big statue of the dude.

I suggest you stop and take a look.

If you somehow miss the statue it means you drive with your eyes closed.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

You might check out the Moody Gardens pyramids while you're in Galveston. They sustained quite a bit of damage during the hurricane, but I hear they've reopened. The Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH) is nice, but it won't blow your socks off.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Awesome John! First time at the Ocean. While you're there you should try to scare up some tail. That way you could scratch off another first!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Doe!!! You've never seen the ocean??? Come out to Cali man!!! Even though you irritate the hell out of me, I would be an awesome hostess!

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Doe!!! You've never seen the ocean??? Come out to Cali man!!! Even though you irritate the hell out of me, I would be an awesome hostess!

Resist the darkside John. California sux.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Why would you try to prevent Doe from experiencing the heaven that is California? Jealous?

• jws
    jws

One of my favorite places in Houston, McGonigel's Mucky Duck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit