Is JW Disfellowshipping Scriptural?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

People have used the Bible to justify war, genocide, murder, racism, rape and anything else someone with an agenda wants.

That some would use random writings of barely literate goat herders from 2,000-3,000 years ago to justify shunning, breaking up families and heartache now is not at all surprising. But doing so says more about the moral character, intentions and basic human decency of the group of people in the 21st century than it does those goat herders.

Chris

• blondie
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Thanks Blondie - will try to put it here!!

EW!! I know Honesty put it in his thread LEGIBLY. Sorry folks!! Am hurrying out.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Thanks Blondie - will try to put it here!!

EW!! I know Honesty put it in his thread LEGIBLY. Sorry folks!! Am hurrying out.

HB

• minimus
    minimus

The simplest point to remember is that the whole JW disfellowshipping procedure is nothing remotely "Christian".

• blondie
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(1

Corinthians5:11-13) . . .But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do YOU not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? "Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves."

that is a fornicator - so if you committed fornication say two months ago and now stopped and were really sorry - according to this scripture you should not be DFd

• minimus
    minimus

The judicial committee wear Snuggies and then render decisions.

• besty
    besty

Interesting also is the Watchtower Society description of expelling from a closed community:

One who was cast out as wicked, cut off entirely, would be considered worthy of death, though the Jews might not have the authority to execute such a one. Nevertheless, the form of cutting off they did employ was a very powerful weapon in the Jewish community. Jesus foretold that his followers would be expelled from the synagogues. (Joh 16:2) Fear of being expelled, or "unchurched," kept some of the Jews, even the rulers, from confessing Jesus. (Joh 9:22, ftn; 12:42) An example of such action by the synagogue was the case of the healed blind man who spoke favorably of Jesus.—Joh 9:34. - Insight on the Scriptures Volume 1,p.787 Expelling

Without a hint irony or apparent self-awareness the Watchtower Society describes the Pharisaical religious leaders of the time deploying a very powerful weapon against the early followers of Christ. Yet 2000 years later they utilize identical techniques to silence opposers to their self-proclaimed unique version of Christianity.

http://knol.google.com/k/paul-morrison/why-jehovahs-witnesses-shun-people/290ks3g12r97j/3#

• minimus
    minimus

Modern day Pharisees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit