How can I help my wife to get out

by Albert Einstein 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi parakeet,

And, you're hijacking this thread. How does your information help Albert?

No hijack-just responding to a post in the thread-that's OK in an open forum right?

Neither do I believe Farkel's gem is helping Albert so I posted one of God's. Let us agree to differ and let Albert decide which posts he wants to take on board and which ones to mentally discard.

All the best,

Stephen

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

she is a unique human. do not 'get your wife out' she will get out when/if she wants to 'get out'

• moshe
    moshe

Remember how many times you have heard this, "you reap what you sow"?

Many times you can't get your spouse out as they are perfectly OK with the Kingdom Hall. Decide what you want to do- A: live your life and let the chips fall where they may. or B: continue holding back and trying to influence your wife to see things your way, or C: stop trying to control the outcome of your marriage- it will be what it will be.

I know of a marriage where the husband was a staunch JW for over 30 years. He made life miserable for his worldly wife and the kids. Then out of the blue he had an epiphany and decided the JW's were wrong after all and quit ( I think he had a argument with the elders over something first- it wasn't over doctrines but loss of status) . Anyway, do you think his wife and adult kids were happy he finally saw the light and quit? NO! They were royally p*ssed that he had ruined 30 years of their life. The wife decided to divorce him and get a new life- all that pent up anger just boiled over, I guess. Can't say as I blame her on that one.

• whyizit
    whyizit

HI! I've never been a JW, but I sure know a few!

Have you thought about getting some of the older WTS books/literature? Especially the ones that show what they used to teach? Like the Harp Of God, with the pictures of Jesus on the cross, the prediction of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob coming back in 1925, etc.... You can find them on ebay. Even the Proclaimer's book. Chapter 5--Russell preached (the Lord's truth, not his own) is that Jesus came back in 1874. He preached it all over as GOD's truth. If it was God's truth then, shouldn't it still be true NOW? Didn't God know when His own Son came back? I have aquired quite a collection. Show the folly in present publications as well. I asked my JW friend why the blood brochure she gave me said that white blood cells are forbidden, yet white blood cells are in breast milk! You mean JWs are not allowed to breast feed their babies?! I mean that is literally eating white blood cells! You mean if a guy is bleeding to death in the emergency room, and the doctor can't find any tubes and needles to give him a blood transfusion via his viens, he would tell the nurse to just put it in a glass and have the guy DRINK it? If it is the same thing, then why not? You will get lots of great info. from this website, I am sure.

Then there are many great books to give ideas of how to plant seeds. Captives of a Concept, Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses In Love by Wilbur Lingle, Rescuing Loved Ones From The Watchtower Society by David Reed (I think he was the author?). Lots of great books. Always use the Columbo approach. Ask questions, rather than point fingers. That seems to be easier for them to digest. Just don't get impatient or expect it to happen quickly. This is my 5th year of planting seeds, but my friend is still in the honeymoon phase. I think she will have to feel some pressure (negative) from her "friends" before she will entertain any serious doubts. I think you have to reach a point where you are disenchanted and longing for freedom. It makes investigating the WT less daunting. I have faith that it will happen. They can't keep up the BS forever.

Haven't been on the forum for a LONG time. Good to see so many familiar names are still posting. And lots of new ones. You will find a lot of support and friends here. Welcome!

• thomas15
    thomas15

Hi Parakeet, In response to your response to Chalam, you are correct in making the hijack claim. However, and please excuse my intrusion here, I think Chalam is trying to point out is that Farkel (no offense intended my friend), is making the issue a little more complicated than necessary. Why, you may ask? OK, instead of pointing out the errors of the WT and how the WT contridicts the Bible, he is leading in the direction of dircrediting both God and the WT all in one swipe. In my opinion, if the ultimate goal is to kill two birds, use two stones. It is always easier to crack one nut at a time. But agian, you have more experience here and have no real practical and useful advice for Albert, however I think the "love your wife for the long haul" already given is very good.

Tom

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Please forgive me for hijacking-obviously I need to brush up on my netiquette!

Anyhow regarding this

"he is leading in the direction of dircrediting both God and the WT all in one swipe"

That assumes that God is associated with the WT. Nearly all here have come to the conclusion that He isn't in the slightest way involved with them (myself included) so the only question remaining is does He exists and if so how can I find Him?

All the best,

Stephen

• oompa
    oompa

I have found it to be a total lesson in frustration......so just dont do anything i have ever tried or posted about.........oompa

• Open mind
    Open mind

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

In the meantime, it's very frustrating to have expectations of her awakening. She may never awaken. It's her life & choice.

You might enjoy reading posts by

Ithinkisee & Amazing.

They don't post here anymore, but they've got some good info.

Show love to her every step of the way and avoid frontal assaults on her cherished beliefs.

Best of luck,

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit