How can I help my wife to get out

by Albert Einstein 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

so true blondie, except those who are on the receiving end have been so conditioned to believe that what they are receiving is what they deserve, and it is only in their best intersts that it is being put upon them. so very sad...

hope

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe, but a continuous stream of unkindnesses makes you eventually wake up; I did.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

My husband and I both kind of woke up at the same time but after a life time indoctrination, I needed to deprogram myself. I can't say enough about Steve Hassan's books. I read them once, but continue to re read certain parts. You will want to read them first and see what works best on her initially to get her in a softened frame of mind. You will find the support here very helpful. Welcome!

• Chalam
    Chalam

One of Farkel's many gems --

[1 John 4:8] "God is a god of love."

[1 Corinthians 13:4] "Love is not jealous."

[Exodus 34:14] "I, your God, am a jealous God."

If God is a jealous God, he can't be a God of love and the scripture that says Love is not jealous is a lie.

If God is not a jealous God, then the scripture that says he is, is a lie.

If God isn't a God of love, then why bother with him?

One of God's many gems

1 Corinthians 2:14 (New International Version)

14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Stephen

• parakeet
    parakeet

Chalam: "One of God's many gems"

1 Corinthians 2:14 (New International Version)

14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

------------------------------------

So, I need some "Spirit" to accept the amalgam of contradictions, fairy tales, and outright lies, otherwise known as the Bible? Where can I get me some of that "Spirit?" It must be powerful stuff, since it appears to kill brain cells used for reasoning, research, and common sense.

And, you're hijacking this thread. How does your information help Albert?

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Thanks very much for your support. I really appreciate it. It helps me a lot to be here with you.

(Sorry for possible mistakes, I am not native English speaking - I write from eastern Europe)

On the beginning I wanted to show my wife straight everything what is wrong in WTBS, but that of course did not work well. So I learn now to be more patient and the main goal is to not lose control over the spiritual influence over my son (7). So we have to read the Bible together, pray together and go to meetings (as little as possible). The more I learn about WTBS, the more it is difficult for me, but I have to show the patience - by the way it took me 10 years to see the facts and other 7 years to get to the decision to fade out.

Thanks a lot for help, it is great to have someone to talk to.

Albert

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I think you need to keep in mind the primary reason people stay "in".

IT IS NOT compelling scriptural arguements.

IT IS NOT a sense of faith or belief in the Bible.

It is the social universe that has been created by the group. JW's fulfill a powerful human need for family, friends and community. Displace this and you may just gain your wife back.

If you really want to be successful the best way is to relocate away from the influence of her present social universe. Start over by rebuilding her community apart from the JW's.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

One of the best eye opening things that can have some good effects has nothing to do directly with WT material or teachings and that is to watch movies/documentaries that include situations that show social injustices. Documentaries/movies about cults and/or histories of affected peoples (e.g, African-Americans, Native Americans) can turn on a light bulb when it is seen that some of the same reasoning/argumentation used for the repression of peoples and/or thought is used by JWs to justify their position and behavior towards others.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Thanks Willy,

Thanks Hope,

What you say sounds good. Thanks for help.

Albert

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Albert! Yes, you have great advice here... it is so very difficult not to show PASSION when you see a loved one in danger, but you must be patient and loving.

I also highly recommend the Steven Hassan books on escaping cult mind control.

Take care, (we're glad you are here)

Love,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit