Barf Alert - JW email regarding the Australian Bushfire

by jwfacts 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• wary
    wary

You can bet your bottom dolla, there wasnt one dub in the rural fire service

or in the relief centres, on the volunteer side

or making the tons of food and refreshments for the firefighters that volunteered their time off work.

There was amazing self sacrifice shown by the entire community. UNSUNG HEROS most of them!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I feel a little throw up in my mouth

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I feel a little throw up in my mouth

• rebel8
    rebel8
    She asked why her father had to undergo such a horrific death. She had already asked this question of five different clergymen of five different denominations but not one had been able to give her an answer.

I always thought this was bogus, even when I was in my deepest Borg phase. All Christian religions give varying, but very similar, responses to the question of suffering. I can't imagine anyone IRL saying no other religions could answer it 0% and jws could answer it 100%.

A sister coordinating relief work at Kinglake heard some of the other coordinators warn against 'crackpots' and 'fanatics' posing as counselors.

And right she was.

• Borgia
    Borgia

It always amazes me how one dimensional the people are portrayed who are witnessed to.......It makes me think of a very simple trick: you hear a line said on the tele or somewhere else and make up the story as you go along.................unconfirmed artfully contrived stories.......

Cheers

Borgia

• steve2
    steve2

Cashing in on people's misery is alive and well in JW-land.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

So the email references a handfull of instances where JWs helped one another. WOW! I wonder how many JWs were ignored by their own members, as is usually the case. You know, the ones who are less popular, untitled, and without "connections" in the cult. In my 20 years as a JW I've never seen someone get help unless they were either well connected or heavy contributers.

W

• sir82
    sir82
    One of her return visits was the first to die. I remember hearing about this guy on TV. All that remained was the molten metal of his wheelchair and wreckage of their car! A burning tree felt across their gateway trapping them in just as he and his family were trying to escape.

Let that be a lesson to all of you slacker return visits! If that guy had been more "progressive", he would have been at the assembly instead of at home, and would be alive today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit