Are You Surprised That You Ever Believed "In The Truth"?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

There's a sucker born every minute...

• minimus
    minimus

You have to wonder how many are still in the Organization----but only mentally.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I was born in, so I really just went with the program. I don't know that I ever really "felt it", but rather went through the motions for convenience sake. I had one small spurt of theocratic enthusiasm when I was 16 or so, and then I met a very "bought in" JW girl whom I ended up marrying. I then spent the next 25 years going through the motions without ever really "buying in" 100%. I finally went forth and did my own thing in my early 40's. Did I ever really believe completely...no. Would I have chose to be a JW if I was not born in...definitely not. Seeing many of the above comments, it would seem we born in's have alot in common!!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Thankfully i was never baptised, so i'm not disfellowshipped & am therefore not a family outcast, but there is an eternal elephant in the room & it does cause some trouble at times :(

This is very true. It was always true with my parents even though they eventually left the cult after I did. And it's true with my extended family now. The ones that are JWs that is. There's always so many topics of conversation that we avoid. It's really a downer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit