Elders, positions of trust?

by asilentone 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asilentone
    asilentone

I think that I have seen the words "Elders are positions of trust" before, something like that. If you can find WT article containing similar words like that, I would like to see it again. Thanks!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Trust for what, misinterpreting the Bible and giving demands counsel from their misinterpretation of the Unholy Scriptures? To molest children and hide it? To keep children from ever having any fun? To lie in court to protect the Washtowel Slaveholdery, not the members within?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I want to see how silly the WT talks about elders as positions of trust, it is truly laughable, you know.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm sure there are many many watchtowers that will state that. Remember these men were to be like shade from the scorching sun, shelter from the rain and a buffer against the wind. They were the shepherds of the flock, they would be pictured carrying the lost lamb on their shoulders....yes well that was soooooooooooooo not the case!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Elder = Trust?? You can trust them to get into your business!!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Quirky, I agree with you, I would like to see some quotes to prove their silliness as we all know that. Something for us to share it with others.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Elders, positions of trust?

Nice in theory, oxymoron in reality.

Farkel

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

As a child, I knew of elders that told me every committe matter. I vowed when I became married that I would NEVER tell anyone anything.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Welcome SourthCentral! You are correct to say elders are not to be told anything. One told me once that "elders don't go looking for trouble." But I have found out otherwise! They are real busy buddies and very nosy about things they don't have any business knowing.

Kit

• flipper
    flipper

Elders - positions of trust ? Elders are the most " untrustworthy " humans on the planet. Been there , experienced that ! Believe me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit