The New World

by larc 28 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey larc,

Yes, that's the point to remember. If you don't go to meetings and stay a faithful jw - God is going to kill you and any small children that you have.

Thus, it becomes imperative to wait on Jehovah - no matter what happens to you, or how badly you're treated. "Keep your eye on the prize." An unforeseen time & place.

There's one born again every minute. P.J. O'Rourke

waiting

• m2u
    m2u

Boy WAITING !!
    Do you have a great memory or WHAT!!
    For someone who has been "out" for a while you remember all the buzz words:)

m2u

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

M2U, it's amazing how many of those little phrases just pop back into your head at the oddest times. But there is no mind control....repeat, no mind control.....no mind control....no mind control......

Can you say Shibboleth?

• waiting
    waiting

Hey m2u,

I haven't been out very long. Just stopped attending meetings for a year - how times flies when you're having fun, eh?

I used to love to play this fantasy game with others. Like watching a science fiction movie. Nothing had to be logical. All special effects. And jw's can make it sound plausible.

Like not wearing clothes in the New Order. Well, there used to be a canopy of water above the earth - God could do that again to make earth temperate. What about North/South poles and all that ice? (Red interjects at this point) God did it before the Flood - He can do it again. Anything's possible for the God who cannot lie.

Nothing makes sense and it doesn't matter. God can do it. He's all powerful. Keep your eye on the prize. Remain faithful to Jehovah's organization. Wait on Jehovah. The last two cliches' are so prominent in use down in the south usa - very few conversations with jw's occur without them being used. I suppose because there's a rife coming - and they're trying to bolster themselves up as they speak.

Nothing makes sense - would seem to be the primary reason the WTBTS speaks so negatively of speculation about the New Order. They say it's because some are too opinionated to be able to discuss without fighting - but I think most of us can discuss. I think that's the primary concern - we can discuss.

waiting

• m2u
    m2u

Good thoughts WAITING, You're a smart chick.

Let's get naked now why wait ? :)

We can all play "Jump over the mounting block" @ RHW's spread:)

m2u

Edited by - m2u on 22 December 2000 0:44:1

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Why, sure, M2U, by all means come over here and jump naked over the mounting block with waiting. However, how am I going to explain your condition to the paramedics when you two freak out the Demon Horse From Hell, and she kicks you in the butt? LOL

• thinker
    thinker

Yes Nelly, that was the book. Prince of Peace. I was off a little bit on the time period. Can't believe it is that old. Really freaked me out when I read it. I brought it up in field service with a bunch of sisters in the car. One of the many reasons they didn't like me. Too many hard questions. Plus I know how to read the fine print. They were still on their abc's.
    How about some back up for the other stuff you said.
    I for one like the naked idea. I was of Waitings mind. Figured the Lord would put the canopy back up so we would be warm. Think of all the time we would save not having to wash clothes. More time to do the things we really want to do, like building our own baby grand piano, so we might be able to play it in a 1000 years.
    TW

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red,

when you two freak out the Demon Horse From Hell, and she kicks you in the butt? LOL

Who's gonna kick m2u in the butt - me or the demon horse?

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Waiting, the Demon Horse From Hell, is a she. Therefore, I was referring to her. However, you are welcome to kick his butt, also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit