The New World

by larc 28 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Earlier, I had asked about changes under the thread, "new truth". Your replies were interesting and informative, or should I say it was meat in due season and I found it upbuilding. I have another question: Is the new world view still the same. The old illustrations showed white people in a park like setting, mowed grass and lots of trees, with lions and lambs together. Later, the group pictures were multicultural which is an improvement. Do they show houses and will there be technology? Having a perfect body in perfect weather, could preclude houses, however, things like violins and pianos wouldn't fare to well. Also, houses are nice for hanging up art work. I like nature, but I also like art, music, technology etc. Anything new here?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hey Larc. Just want to say I've enjoyed your comments/sarchasm since being here.

I don't think alot of change to the NW pics has happened since the multicultural thing.

I think about the last item that raised some eyebrows was a picture of a bulldozer or something in the Live Forever book (?). This led to the speculating that perhaps for a short while we'll make use of the old system's heavy machinery and diesel fuel (lol) to clean up the post Armageddon mess.

Of course, when one starts to think about such a physical world, you begin to realize how completely unfeasible it is to live as portrayed in the pictures.

Yeah, there's still the mowed lawns, with no lawn mowers ever in sight. There's still the modern style homes, that some how are built with no power tools or heavy equiment. I don't know who's running the sawmill or who has to go and mine the metal to make the nails and how it gets transported is beyond me.

People still don't have beards either. I figure we'll keep the Gillette factory open, but who's going to work there?? Plus it looks like we'll wear modern shoes as well, so I guess we might keep one or two of the Nike sweat shops open in China.

I've posted before that the whole physical Paradise thing is not feasible, or its not feasible to live the way we do or as portrayed in the pictures. Perhaps it might work if we just go back to a primitive state, but that is completely against the spirit of humanity.

Of course, I'm overlooking the obvious answer and solution to these dillemmas. "Wait on Jehovah".

Path

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

Path is right, just wait on Jehovah. Right now, just worry about being there so you can find out, kapiche?

• larc
    larc

Path,

I loved your comments. I know the folks back home don't believe in theories, but when you go from the general concept of paradise to filling in details either through words or pictures, you are engaged in theory building and like the demon theory, the paradise thery has a lot of holes in it. Now, regarding power tools, they could probably counter by saying that when you are going to live forever you can afford to take the time to hand saw wood all day. This is not my idea of paradise. I would prefer to have power tools, so I could get the job done quickly, and get back to petting the lions and lambs. (Roy, if your reading this, don't take it the wrong way. Petting animals is not my idea of foreplay.) As to the subject of waiting on Jehovah. Many years ago there was a song by Fanny Brice entitled "I've been waiting for your phone call for 18 years, maybe you don't love me anymore." Perhaps the JW's should add a new song to their song book. "We've been waiting for Jehovah for 125 years, maybe he doesn't love us any more."

DriveslikeJehu,

Regarding your pithy reply (Did I just use a bad word?) To quote the great philosopher from Mad comics, Alfred E. Neuman "What, me worry?" No point in worrying, I did some good things and I made mistakes. I think my batting average was pretty good, but, then I'm not the judge of that and the whole thing is out my hands. Frankly, I think God is more mercifull than his representatives. But, again, it's not up to me, so I don't worry about it. You should stop worrying too, it's a sin to worry and just another thing for you to worry about.

• RR
    RR

Isn't it strange how people look at pictures to see new light? lol

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• larc
    larc

Brothers and sisters, or as they say in southern Ohio, brothern and cistern,

Are you familiar with the old western song that goes like this:

Oh, give me a home
    where the buffalo roam
    and the deer and the antelope play
    where seldom is heard
    a discouraging word
    and skys are not cloudy all day

Sounds like the new world doesn't it?
    Well, I'll tell you what. You show me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a messy house.

I must be off.

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

Sorry Larc,

I meant that you should focus on making sure you're going to be in the new world and living your life out in a manner that would allow you to be there. Then, and only then can you find out what it's really like and have your questions answered.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

One point that I find difficult to deal with is the simple issue of space....as in room....as in where will all the people fit?

On Witnet at one point BigRay brought out that the estimated population after everyone is resurrected would be approximately 20 billion people. Now, I know I've read in the publications that it would work about to about an acre per person....which sounds like a lot....until you start to think about it.

Right now we live on a little over 7 acres. We have three horses. Minimum grazing area is 2 acres per horse. Since we have about three acres of woods and almost an acre taken up by house, garden, pool, etc., that leaves too little land for our horses to exist on grazing alone, so we have to feed grain and additional hay.

Now, pretty much every Witness dreams of having a horse of their own to be able to ride and enjoy Jehovah's creation. Okay, so you have a family of 4, with their allotted 4 acres. Mom and Dad have opted out of horse ownership, so you have 2 horses....each of which needs a minimum of 2 acres. Obviously, this takes up all the allotted land before you even consider a house, a barn, and a garden of sufficient size to supply the dietary needs of four people. Plus, there would be no room to ride anywhere without trampling through everyone else's food gardens.

Then you need to consider the needs of wild animals...most of which need very large territories in order to flourish.

After that, packing people in THAT close would play major havoc on groundwater supplies, which would be needed for wells to supply water.

I think the WT needs to revise their Paradise pictures just a little. Perhaps a couple of shots of ticky-tacky, crowded suburban developments might be more apropos.

• m2u
    m2u

WoW Redhorse,

That was a great post!

What about all of the newborn's ?

I thought that those that were brought back to life would no longer be sexual, but those that lived through all the hell would be able to procreate.

You have made some great points here.

m2u

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red,

First of all, God can make the deserts blossom, remember? I believe geographically - thousands of miles can be reclaimed. And by irrigation, it's being done in Isreal now.

Second, God can make the oceans "deeper", thus making more land mass. And since he "kinda" made the mountains higher during the Flood, (that's what made the oceans "lower" back then), He can "kinda" change them to fit his purposes again.

Third, jw's all don't have to live on their own 4/5 acres. Some can live in communities - like the ones who aren't married. Then, when "the dead arise" - and put clothes on - they can live there too. Preferably in condos. Everybody knows that the WTBTS teaches that all the resurrected ones will "be like angels, not marrying". And even resurrected babies won't ever marry. A chance they might be unhappy forever single? No, God has promised to "wipe every tear from their eye."

And the ultimate jw speculation: The earth was his first experience in populating. Once it's brought to Paradise condition (for a proper showing of Almighty Right to Rule the Universe to the Angels)then God can populate the other planets with his followers from the earth - which might be well populated with the birthings from generations of children from the survivors of Armageddon - Jehovah's True Worshipers. And who - as a group - worships Jehovah God? Jehovah's Witnesses only.

Is it painfully obvious that I got bored in field service a lot? I'd start all these speculation conversations - and the other sisters would only go so far down this road with me. I never could get an answer as to whether the Ancients would have to wear underwear. Bras, etc. Jockey shorts. Some sisters looked at me in an odd sort of way. I assume the same looks that Red got.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit