The New World

by larc 28 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

Waiting,

"And the ultimate jw speculation: The earth was his first experience in populating. Once it's brought to Paradise condition (for a proper showing of Almighty Right to Rule the Universe to the Angels)then God can populate the other planets with his followers from the earth - which might be well populated with the birthings from generations of children from the survivors of Armageddon - Jehovah's True Worshipers. And who - as a group - worships Jehovah God? Jehovah's Witnesses only."

Did you see the exerpt in the 192 page book, grey, about populating other planets? Which book was it? Within the last seven to ten years.
    TW

• RR
    RR

Wow, is that how that western song goes? Geez, learn something new everyday, eh?

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Waiting....but what about all the desert creatures that would then be forced into extinction when their habitat was blossoming? And what about the belief that individually man would "build houses and inhabit them" and "each man would sit under his own vine and fig tree"? Kind of rules out condos. Besides which, the WT has always taught that cities such as they were trying to establish at Babel were an abomination.

Deepening the oceans would play havoc on the natural currents and ecosystems that are now in existence.....and didn't the WT teach that Jehovah works within natural laws?

I always figured colonizing other planets would be a viable option....probably the only one.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red.....(sighing)

Any good JW will tell you that God can (and will) do anything He wishes. His ways are higher than ours. If He made the mountains and the valleys - He can rearrange them, can't He? Of course. Trust in Jehovah.

Only scorpions and stuff like that in the desert. God can move them to another planet - we need the space.

And what about the belief that individually man would "build houses and inhabit them" and "each man would sit under his own vine and fig tree"? Kind of rules out condos

No no. Read the scripture very carefully. "Men" will be sitting under the figs and vines and build houses and inhabit them. Resurrected women will have the condos and swimming pools. Why not? We're not mentioned in this scripture - we can live where we want. Condos sound nice. Oceanside preferably.

the WT has always taught that cities such as they were trying to establish at Babel were an abomination.

No no. Read the scripture very carefully. - waiting
    cities - not condos. Oceanside preferably. Mountains during summer, don't you think?

and didn't the WT teach that Jehovah works within natural laws?

God made those "natural laws" - He made 'em, He can break 'em.

I didn't say it was logical. Besides, I spent more time pondering the underwear dilemma - more interesting and thought provoking.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 20 December 2000 23:35:49

• nelly136
    nelly136

so if god can wipe every tear from their eye and sadness and pain will be no more for the former things have passed away......(or something like that)
    how come he didnt do it properly in the first place?
    the ultimate power can take all these imperfect people and make them perfect and procreation wont ever occur to the ones that have been resurrected and of course none of the people who made it through armageddon would ever get the inkling to fancy one of them,
    yet to start with there were two totally perfect people and he couldnt stop them scrumping the forbidden fruit.
    just wondering
    nelly

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Did you see the exerpt in the 192 page book, grey, about populating other planets? Which book was it? Within the last seven to ten years

TW, the book you're thinking of is "Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace", printed in 1986.

On page 184, in the last chapter, it says :

To all eternity our earth will bear a distinction that no other planet throughout endless space will enjoy, though the earth may not be the only planet that will ever be inhabited Emphasis mine

In other writings, such as when they're discussing UFOs, they say that there could be the possibility of other planets inhabited by lifeforms, but we wouldn't know for sure.

It would be rather haughty for us to imagine that we were the only creatures Jehovah created to enjoy life. We know that he created the angels and other spirit forms, so why not other life forms on other planets, in other galaxies, other solar systems?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Waiting, I can see the logic of your arguments now. How foolish I was not to see it initially. You do realize, however, that in order to get your oceanside condo, you will have to clean up a heck of a lot of seaweed and dead fish when the ocean is deepened in order to make more land.

Only scorpions? What about Meerkats (damn, they're cute)? Where would THEY go? And those toads that live there? And the camels? And the desert rhinocerous (okay, so maybe this one doesn't exist...but it could). And.... Well, you get the picture. There are some REALLY cute little guys out there in the desert. They would all be homeless...or dead. Poor planning, if you ask me.

• TR
    TR

Read Z. Sitchin's books and you'll learn a whole new way to look at the universe, how we got here, how Adam and Eve were made, who the Nephilim were, what planet they come from, how they traveled, etc. Very interesting. I'm not saying I buy his theories completely, but they are based on fact.

TR

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red,

you will have to clean up a heck of a lot of seaweed and dead fish when the ocean is deepened in order to make more land.

Now that one took some thinking - no logic, however. If God can zap kazillions of dead men, women, & children before their carcasses literally stink up the entire earth - he can zap the seaweed & dead fish. And we've been quietly assured that we won't have to deal with those kazillions of dead men, women & children - the WTBTS just forgot to mention that we wouldn't have to dig trenches for the dead fish and seaweed. Probably jellyfish would be zapped also, don't you think?

cute meerkats, toads, camels, desert rhinocerous....They would all be homeless...or dead
    Welllll, it would take a long time to make most/all of the deserts blossom again. By then - God will have revealed his solution to this seeming problem. Remember, no problem is too big or too small for his attention. Look to the ants for a lesson.....the birds in the sky.....how many hairs we have on our heads.

Poor planning, if you ask me.
    His ways are higher than our ways. If God can kill a kazillion people and still wipe every tear of pain and sorrow from the survivors' eyes, he can take care of these little things.

You just have to wait on Jehovah. Keep your faith. Go to meetings.

waiting

• larc
    larc

Remember, God loves you, and if you don't believe it, he's going to kill you at Armageddon. Religion is so comforting.

Hi Ho Silver Awayyyyyyy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit