African-Americans do better on tests after Obama's election

by hamilcarr 19 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm so proud of them!

Congrats Sylvia. I hope all of them have happy fulfilling, productive lives that make you proud to be their parent. I hope mine turn out like that.

BTs

• magoo
    magoo

YES WE CAN!!!...........just out of couriosity....why does it take a black president to make african-americans want to do better? what will happen to them if this president fails miserably? will they want to go back to the same old "why try in a white mans world" feelings they had before he was elected?

magoo....stirrin' the pot....just a little....

• read good books
    read good books

It's too bad that the US Public Schools continue to fall behind the International rankings of Schools based on science and math, these are key subjects that any Nation that wants to continue to be a world leader needs to excel in, and with all the wealth in this country you would think we would continue to be able to be number one in this area. Obama may want to improve all students in this specific area if we are continue to be a World Leader, China and India are handing us our ass when it comes to the number of engineers and scientist they produce as compared to the US.

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Public+Education+rated+Internationally&page=1&qsrc=2417&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.centerforpubliceducation.org%2Fsite%2Fc.kjJXJ5MPIwE%2Fb.2401279%2Fk.8734%2FInternational_assessments.htm

• snowbird
    snowbird

Magoo asked:

just out of couriosity....why does it take a black president to make african-americans want to do better?

I suppose for the same reason it takes a Rush Limbaugh to articulate how many Whites really feel about the Obama presidency.

We all respond more positively to one of our own.

Sylvia

• Satanus
    Satanus

The transmission in my car started working better, too, since he was elected. The oil went totally clean. What does it mean?

S

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Over time this is to be expected. People's confidence has much to do with how well they do. That is why the day that all people: women, homosexuals, bisexuals, minorities, and any one else stepped by self righteous people are no longer stepped on, on that day we will know our true potential as a species.

Isaac

• Hittman
    Hittman

what will happen to them if this president fails miserably?

Don’t you mean when this president fails miserably?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I can only speak for myself in saying that whatever comes, I'll be ok.

I've pulled myself up from abject poverty and despair to become a leading and responsible citizen in our community.

IT CAN BE DONE!

However, if it takes an Obama to rouse up the spirit of others, then so be it. It's all good.

Sylvia

• Nellie
    Nellie

Magoo -

Obama's presidency hasn't suddenly made African-Americans WANT to do better. What it has done, however, is given them HOPE that they CAN do better. The desire has always been there, the ability to make that desire a reality has historically been denied.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Good. If people need an inspiration like that to do better and self improve, then it is good to do so. The previous Occupant likely was the cause of Anglo-Americans declining tests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit