Can I be JW in good standing and worldly person at the same time?

by asilentone 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I did it for several years. It was my way of transitioning from JW to regular person. It helps to have status and connections. In fact I recommend this route (the double life that is) to any planning to exit. It can mean the difference between depression and simply having a bumpy ride when one finally decides to dump the Witnesses.

Isaac Carmignani

• viva
    viva

I got away with a double life for years, never got caught, turned myself in because I couldn't take it anymore. No guilt, just couldn't stand being a JW anymore.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

What's good standing? If you mean being a faithful follower, going door to door, following protocol and fooling your fellow members so they think you are being honest, and if you succeed in doing all that, then yes, I suppose you could remain in good standing. In reality though, that dishonesty is rather like Madoff selling investments he never had and bilking people out of their life savings by appearing to be honest amongst his fellow men.

For myself, I couldn't sell short by playing the role because how could I be honest, committed and loyal friends to one group aka the worldlies, all the while knowing that by virtue of attendance I am supporting an organization that believes my friends are all drunks, druggies and whores and worthless when they aren't. Kind of like saying you have no problem with Jews and then signing up for the Nazi youth party or something. It's too conflicting for me. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit