Don Adams, Current President of WTBS

by Gram 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

What has the Governing Body been doing for the past 9 years, now that they can concentrate more fully on the spiritual interests of god's people?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Any takers?

Gram, you related to anyone else we know? I'm thinking Noah-badboy here.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

In all seriousness, the current position of Watchtower President is significantly different from the position as it was held by Franz and Henschel (and even farther away from the position as held by Russell and Rutherford).

Today, the WT president is merely the president of a corporation with no real say over doctrinal matters. He is not a member of the Governing Body. In fact, he is not even anointed. Rather, he is a pencil-pusher, bean-counter, etc.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The most recent thing I read on the GB in a Witchtower was that all of the members are annointed.

HB

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

GB members still need to be anoined. The president does not need to be anointed, and is not.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Karl Adams was the Awake editor.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Karl Adams was the Awake editor.

• Gram
    Gram

Thank you everyone! You have answered my question. When I was in, it was so different. It was quite a thrill to have the Pres. speak at a major assembly/convention.

By the way, slimboyfat, what did you mean am I related to Noah Bad Boy? I don't think so. Please enlighten me. I must say that your name sounds like you may be a "Blues" lover. If so, so am I.

Michelle

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We have a member called badboy who is interested in Noah and his catchphrase is "any takers?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit