Don Adams, Current President of WTBS

by Gram 28 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Wonder if Agent 99 is his secretary?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Don Adams and I shared a shot of scotch upon my graduation from Gilead. I assure you, it finished off the rubble that used to be the prestige of the WT Presidency in my mind.

As he said "I guess this stuff is designed to get you buzzed..." After which, back went his head, and down went the drink. Who was I not to join in?

Keep in mind, being the WT President last mattered when Milton Henschel was Prez. Since then, the GB has finished the job of clipping its wings.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Agent 99.....And..She`s wearing Purple!!......The only thing Don Adams wants to know is.."Do you wanna see my Secret Agent?"..Evil Banana..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

To attempt a semi-serious response to the question: I think the President of the Watchtower Society only fufills a purely legal and administrative function since the powers of the GB and officers were separated a few years back. All the 'ecclesiastical' power resides with the GB only, which is paramount over all other authority at borg headquarters. Someone else can no doubt explain it more precisely.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Crisis of Conscience gives a good account of the rise of the GB and the erosion of the powers of the office of President. And that represents the situation in 1980, when Franz still had his personal charisma to fall back on. Today it is purely legal. So I suppose 90 some years later, the expansion the role of the President started by Rutherford has now gone full circle.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Funny stuff to start. As far as the presidency the last one with any power IMO was fred. When henshel got the gig they had to work to hard to establish his credentials. After that the allure of the presidency dropped quickly.

• Gayle
    Gayle

In the 70s, Don Adams wasn't a "partaker" of the emblems, didn't profess to be the anointed/remnant , unless that has changed.

• dismayed
    dismayed

Didn't the GB stop being the president because they thought "whenever the big persecution starts, they will go after the President first" meaning the government would either kill or imprison the head honcho?

Guess that makes Don Adams a marked man huh?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Don Adams is the forgotton man in the WT land ,few dubs wold know his name .

"Further, about two years ago, there was another step forward. An adjustment was made in the directorship of certain legal corporations, making it possible for the Governing Body to concentrate more fully on the spiritual interests of God’s people rather than being distracted by day-to-day legal matters."

Wt 02 7/1 p17

"Brother Barr added: “Ever since its incorporation in 1884, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has played an important role in our modern-day history. Still, it is merely a legal instrument available for use by ‘the faithful and discreet slave’ when it is necessary.”

In their discourses, Brothers Sydlik and Jaracz had explained that the fact that “the faithful and discreet slave” has been entrusted with all of the Lord’s earthly belongings does not prevent the slave class from allowing qualified men from among the “other sheep” to care for certain routine administrative responsibilities. (John 10:16) Nor is there any Scriptural reason to insist that all or any of the directors of the legal entities used by Jehovah’s Witnesses be anointed Christians."

Wt 01 1/15 p31

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Karl Adams has probably been more influential than Don Adams since he has been involved in writing WT publications for decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit