WELCOME, ALL NEW ONES!!!

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Welcome all new persons! There is always something to learn from your insight and experiences.

I was shocked when I read:

I was sitting in the book study while we were going over the Revelation book and I noticed that in Revelation 22: 6 it says that Jehovah sent his angel while in verse 16 is says that" I, Jesus sent my angel". Who sent the angel?! I laughed and recalled hearing something about the society

I looked it up myself in the NWT Bible, and was appalled......I had never heard this before...probably never paid attentiion.

Thank you for the heads up, and thanks to all new persons, posting! You are very important!

restrang.

• awaretoday
    awaretoday

Am a newbie, still attending meetings however due to past events and through personal experience have become sad and betrayed. Been baptized for 31 years stepfather was an elder with very strict code of conduct growing up its a mystery how I lasted this long. Husband too is still in but his main focus is on being part of the boys club, he is an elder. Now with kids i have become weary of the blood issue mainly because of my love for them and because of the undecidedness of the mother ship as it's been called here which cracks me up. So true abut not making real friends in the org no matter how many years you have in it, everyone is in it for themselves and everyone wants to spy on you or tell or criticize, the hipocrisy is disgusting all the way from the DO to CO's to Co wannabees, reg pioneers and just plain publishers. I am regular pioneering (thinking it would dispell my doubts) however I cannot make the hours of falsehood and I really don't want to study with anyone so they can become disheartened like I have, it is very painfull to know I might never see the end much less paradise. I have come to love the friends and their loyalty is amazing although misguided but with family still in the truth it would be impossible to go ahead and call it quits and husband will never do it although he is very lazy about the truth, he never has studied with us as a family or gets us ready for meetings or prepares us for field service as the head should do, no its all about making the meetings to be witht he boys, all i say its whatever just don't complain when I ramble about how wrong this organization is. I am sooo stuck I can hardly breathe but I do pray to Jehovah he is real, he does love us and one day he will reveal his justice.

Awaretoday

• ninja
    ninja

hi aware today.....you said you are pioneering trying to dispel doubts.....I did a similar thing....I joined the foreign language field...all to try and keep myself in.......only thing was....I started to have doubts in Albanian as well as English.....he he......

my belief in God is still as strong as ever.....I just found out that his so-called representatives were not what they seemed

anyways........welcome to the board.......what is happening is scary....but you can get through it.....you will look back and laugh about it in years to come.........hang in there.....da ninja

• dismayed
    dismayed

hey awaretoday,

Don't give up! Your husband sounds much like me, going through the motions at the meetings and next thing you know your an elder. But I never fully bought in for some reason, something in the back of my mind knew something wasn't quite right. Keep asking questions in a curious way, and maybe he will wake up. I too am searching and exploring who God really is, though I think the WT has really misguided us on his identity. Though you love the friends, their loyalty is misplaced even though they may not even know it. It is to a man made organization, and it is not to Jesus. Hang in there and slowly make your move away from bondage and into freedom.

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome new members. It's so good to read your stories and comments.

penny

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

minimus!

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I was out of town. I do not really want to go back, but feel an obligation to my family, at least at this point. Next year when I go off to college Im sure I can lead my own life without them really knowing what Im doing, and it will be easier then me being disfellowshipped.

Meetings are not as bad as I thought they were now, knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. while I'd love to see justice for the molester that is in the neighboring congregation, its not my place and Im sure others will come forward, hopefully his wife as they adopted a baby girl about 3 years ago. My father knows and a few elders, so I do not think I can do anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit