WELCOME, ALL NEW ONES!!!

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

villabollo....That was a fascinating and very well-written story, thanks for sharing your experience. BTW, did you see Franz in Los Angeles? I do have a recording of that longwinded special talk of his about 1975....it's an hour and 16 minutes in length. But maybe he gave it more than once.

precious truth....I left in '92....Kind of feels like graduation, don't it? You're class of 1991 and I'm class of 1992.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Leolaia, Yes it was Los Angeles at the Inglewood Public Forum where the Lakers played. I'm sure he gave several talks so that all the local witnesses in this large city could hear him. I'd be interested to know if your tape mentions that ridiculous speculation about bestiality but I'm sure he varied his talk a little from talk to talk. Villabolo.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Villabolo-------Thank You for sharing your story. Welcome to the Board.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The recording I have was from the talk at the LA Coliseum and Sports Arena. I will check to see if I hear any talk about Adam and bestiality.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Adam and bestiality hey , and they say the members of the GB aren't wacko

But then again I happen to know many of my single buddies are into that.

....ummm those lambs give good loving don't they

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I hope all the new ones remember to pay the joining fee. Send $5 via PayPal to [email protected]. kthxbye.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

villabollo....Here is a transcript from the talk just for you! :)

We're not saying that by the end of this year 1975 all these things cannot take place, that God cannot bring all these things about. He can. He's Almighty. And this Omnipotent one can bring this about in a hurry if he wants to so. But in view of what the Scriptures inform us, are we warranted in expecting so much to occur by September 5, 1975? Does September 5th at sundown when the year 1976 will begin, lunar time, mean that it is the time for the Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ to begin? And accordingly, does it mean that we are 6,000 years advanced into the seventh creative day, the rest day of Jehovah God, his rest day? No. Not according to this book and what has been published since. Why do we say that? Well, all this book says is that 1975 marks the end of the six one-thousandth year of man's existence. That period of time, those six one-thousand year days which man has survived till now, began when? They began on, on the sixth creative day of God. They began when Adam was created, the first man.

We turn to Genesis, chapter 1. And our morning text is right to the point; it quotes Genesis 1:26, where God speaks to his companion workmate and he says, "Let us make man in our image according to our likeness." That's what the morning text says. But the verse 26 goes on to say: "And let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens, and every moving thing that is moving on the earth." And verse 27 proceeds to say: "So God created man in his image according to his likeness, in male and female," not male alone, but male and female he created man, "and God blessed them and God said to them, 'Become fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens, and every moving thing that is living on the ground." So God produced male and female and married them, gave them their commission, and this occurred when? On the sixth creative day, because the last verse of Genesis 1, verse 31 says: "After that," after all of this creative work, "God saw everything he made, and look, it was very good," which meant that it was a work perfectly done, his activity is perfect, Deuteronomy 32:4 says, "Look it was very good," and everything he created up to then included male and female of the human species. And then the closing sentence of the first chapter says, "And the evening and the morning came to be, the sixth day."

So it isn't as it used to be thought, that Adam was created on the sixth day and when he was created the sixth day end and then Eve was created in the beginning of the seventh day. No, the Bible doesn't put it that way. That both female and male were created on the sixth thousand year day of Jehovah God. But the point is this -- were the male and the female created instantly at the same time, simultaneously? If they were created simultaneously at the same instant of time, then 1975 would mark the end of the sixth one thousandth year day of human existence, including the existence of Eve, the woman, the female, as well as Adam, the male, the man. But is that the case? No. To find out whether Adam and Eve, the male and female, according to Genesis chapter 1 were created simultaneously, we have to turn to the second chapter, and there we are given more details on the matter. Verse 7 goes on to say that "God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and the man came to be a living soul. And God took the man whom he had formed and put him in the Garden of Eden," the paradise of pleasure, "to and to cultivate it," he gave him a job to do. Now this account shows us that the man, the male, was all alone for a while. The only human occupant of the Garden of Eden, the paradise of pleasure.

And we know this to be the case, because it says that after that God caused all the animals to be brought before Adam, to name them. So to name them, characteristically, he had to observe them and their habits, their appearance, and give them a fitting name. And the Bible says, "And whatever Adam called that animal, that was its name." That took time, wouldn't it? It wouldn't be done in a day, this bringing of all the animals before the first man and his inspecting them and giving them an appropriate name, it must've taken time. It doesn't necessarily mean that God brought before Adam all the varieties of every species of animals and flying creatures. No, it doesn't necessarily mean that but it means that he brought him specimens of each species of animalkind. And when he was naming the specimen, he was naming the whole species, like the dog family and the cat family, and so on. And how long did this take? Not necessarily a very long time, all depending upon the speed with which God brought the species before Adam to deal with. In the case of Noah, he was told to bring all the animals into the ark, wasn't he? And he likewise to take specimens of the animals, of many varieties, but he took specimens of all these animals kinds into the ark, and it only took him a week to do that.

And so possibly Adam could have likewise named all of the animals inside of a week, getting fully acquainted with them. But the Bible is not specific on how much time it took. But it comes to this conclusion: That Adam, after he had named all these specimens of animals brought before him found in none of them a suitable companion for himself. And likely he felt lonely, and he desired a companion. True, he was having companionship with God, but God was in the invisble realm, and they had a loving family conversing between themselves, the Father speaking out of heaven to his son Adam, and Adam replying from earth to his unseen heavenly Father; there was a close loving bond between them. But yet right here on this earth visibly there was no suitable companion for man. And man in his holiness, his innocence, his righteousness was not disposed to commit bestiality, which the Bible condemns -- sexual contact of humans with the beasts of the earth.

And God saw the state of affairs, and therefore he proceeded to say, "It is not good man to be by himself alone. I will create a helper for him, a complement of him." So God proceeded to create something, the sixth creative day was not yet ended. What did he create? He could have created another man, another perfect man like Adam, and that man would have been a fine companion for Adam to have, he could have had pleasant conversation and communication and association between themselves. But in that case, if the earth was to be filled with humans, God would have to make a direct creation of each additional man until the whole earth was filled. And then if there was sin that entered into the world, if all these men -- inhabitants of the earth -- were sinning, God would have to provide an individual ransom for each and every one of those sinful men.

Well, it got really silly at that point so I thought that was enough. Classic Freddy, huh?

• minimus
    minimus

In the older publications, the thought is brought out that Adam might've entertained the idea of having sex with the animals but decided against it.

How the hell did we get into sex with animals from WELCOME, ALL NEW ONES!!!????

• asilentone
  • minimus
    minimus

hey new ones....PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS NEW IF YOU ARE STILL ATTENDING MEETINGS.....THANKS!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit