What did Noah and his family complain about during 40 days/40 nights?

by asilentone 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Flaming baked Alaska by Tommy Williams. NO FLAMING BAKED ALASKA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Noah complained that the rest of them didn't have any field service time to report for a whole month.
    They complained that they had to give "talks" every week at the Theocratic School.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JimmyPage..The number 40 in ancient Eastern literature is symbolic..40 is not an actual number..It means "Many".............During the flood it rained 40 days and 40 nights........Ali Baba and the 40 thieves........ect..ect................................................................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The weather!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

No cable tv.

But at least Noah was floating a limited company while the whole world went into liquidation! D' dumm! (This joke is as old as the ark.)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The Elephants having sex , it rocked the ark so much Noah and his family all got sea sick

• undercover
    undercover

Ships log...day 1: The door was shut...we're all aboard though one turtle almost didn't make it. Saw the first drops of rain...it was a sight to see water drop from above. Soon it was like a waterfall. I'm concerned that Shem did a good job of sealing the lower decks.

Ships log...day 2: Rained heavy all night. I see the stream below starting to rise. The first of the neighbors came by to ask if they could come aboard. Not laughing now...they have a look of fear in their eyes. While I feel sorry for those who never heard of our venture, I'm not sorry to see the mockers and ridiculers get theirs...

Ships log: day 6: The water is rising rapidly. Already a couple of the shipyard supports have washed away. The animals panicked when the load shifted on the ark and the bow started to swing around. Poor Ham...a load of elephant dung that we had piled up fell on him...we had to work quick to dig him out. We lowered a rope into the flood waters and lowered him down to wash off...wife said he needed a good keel hauling.

Ships log: day 10: Wife is complaining about the smell of the animals...even though we have vent holes on the upper decks the heavy rain prevents fresh air from creating a cross breeze. It is quite stifling down below. The gas of the animal's excrement has made everyone sick to the point of passing out. We only go below to feed the animals and then do it in very short shifts, taking turns

Ships log: day 13: Still raining hard. No land in sight. No more rafts and small canoes of people left either. We lost count of the people we saw drown. After a while we quit watching. Their screams haunt me in my sleep...

Ships log: day 17: I'm starting to question the sanity behind this...I know the Lord God wanted to punish the wicked but they are no longer suffering while we are in a living torment of hell. Surely this is not the reward for being a preacher of righteousness...

Ships log: day 20: We have under-estimated the amount of water to keep some of the animals hydrated. We're giving them our ration of water...now we are unable to bathe in fresh water. The rain is too hard to try cleaning in the flood. I see dead bodies floating all around the ark...and then I awake in a cold sweat. I am starting to be envious of those who ridiculed us what seems ages ago...

Ships log: day 24: Seasickness has taken its toll on humans and beasts alike. Unfortunately for the animals they can't run to a bucket to heave...there is vomit mixed in with dung on all the lower holds. Wife cannnot go below...she convulses and heaves on the slightest whiff of the stench. She remains sickly and cannot fulfill her chores. My son's wives have taken her work load but complain behind her back...I hear their hushed tones as I come up the ladder from the lower holds.

Ships log: day 28: My sons are starting to openly complain. They have open discussions about the very thing that I question but do not dare speak aloud; is our Lord God punishing us or has he lost his sanity? My dedication to the Lord God is called into question by the family; Wife, taken to the cot, begs me end her misery...

Ships log: day 30: I detest the rain. I am hated by my family. Wife has lost will to live. Sons plot behind my back. I have armed myself with a sword. How did it come to this?

Ships log: day 32: Animals are dying from the stifling heat in the lower holds. The sheep are missing...in hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea to store them so close to the lions. I fear the worst for the mild animals, the predators are becoming more restless and are fighting their restraints. How does one keep an angry Rhino from busting from the stall when in heat? I threw the skunks overboard...couldn't take it anymore...may the Lord God forgive me...

Ships log: day 35: There is mutiny afoot. Sons broke into the grog stores and got drunk. They tried to take control of the ark. They gave up when they realized in their drunken stupor that there is no rudder and that we are adrift and no one steers us. They released me and opened another cask.

Ships log: day 40: The rain slackened over night. By morning it was a slight drizzle. The third hour after high sun (or what we thought would be high sun...it's been so long who knows the position of the sun or if it even exists anymore) and it stopped. Yet there is no rejoicing....all we see from horizon to horizon is water. How long before we find land? Do we have enough fresh water? Food? Will any of us survive? Again...I envy the dead in the depths of the floodwaters below...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Did they complain about having to drink their own urine?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Mites...

Might bite, might not.

• megaflower
    megaflower

Noahs wife nagged him that he packed everything except an Umbrella and a rain slicker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit