Dubs and homeschooling-- coud the BORG begin promoting it for more thought control?

by Alpaca 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

No change, my experience is that the elders find that home schooling causes more problems than it solves. Too many children are unsupervised because both parents are still working outside the home, some parents dump their children on the service group and go elsewhere, the last 4 children in my old congregation did not get their diploma, and 2 still dont five years later. The concept here is that shielding your children from the 'world" is unrealistic since they will eventually have to associate with "worldly" people on their jobs and with neighbors and non-jw relatives.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Blondie,

That was the line I remember.

Thanks,

Alex

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I doubt if they will promote it.

The preaching work is done mainly by the great army of women.

Can't have those wimmen teaching their own kids instead of racking up hours in the filed service.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Quote from Blondie: The concept here is that shielding your children from the 'world" is unrealistic since they will eventually have to associate with "worldly" people on their jobs and with neighbors and non-jw relatives.

While I agree Blondie, these guys make so many bad mistakes. Perhaps they will try to use the
    old "sense of urgency" trick about the end being just seconds away on Jehovah's timetable. This
    could prompt them to push homeschooling to appease the governments that are about to be
    destroyed, but let the members prepare their children for the imminent Great Trib. starting...........
    ............................(wait for it)............................................................................................................
    .........................................................................................................................................................
    .........................................................................................................................................................
    ...............................................................................................................now.

They see the kids leaving in droves. They might try something that makes the future members
    have even less of a chance at surviving the "secular" world than even today's JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit