Dubs and homeschooling-- coud the BORG begin promoting it for more thought control?

by Alpaca 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Do you guys think the BORG will begin to encourage more home schooling of Dub kids as a means to control independent thinking? That's what other fundies do to keep their kids from being exposed to the evils of evolution.

Most Dub kids who attend public schools (especially the really smart ones) will get at least a modest exposure to critical thinking in their science and literature classes.

With all of the weird changes and tightening of the screws on the Dubs being able to think for themselves I could easily see the BORG "suggesting" that parents "prayerfully consider" the "spiritual advantages" to schooling their kids at home. Then they would go into a discussion of how the ancient Israelites did not have formal schools for their children but it was the parents responsibility to teach them....blah, blah, blah....

When I was still in the BORG there were lots of kids who were home schooled and at one point a bunch of Dubs from 5 or 6 congregations actually started their own school. They didn't get any flack from the BORG about it but the school ended up flopping after a few years.

Do lots of Dubs home school their kids now or do most of them still attend public schools?

Just a thought.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I see a lot of home schooling in our area. It is promoted in the congregation because many elders children do it, it's so prevalent that my kids didn't fit in because they went to school, played some sports and had reasonable education goals. A bad thing in our congregation is that I see 2nd generation homeschooling families. The parents who were home schooled themselves have absolutely no educational reservoir to draw on themselves, let alone pass on to their kids. I think it's a way to maintain control over the women too, usually women will stay home for a few years, get the last one off to kindergarten and go back to career or search for a new career. But this way the kids are walled off from society and so are the women, they are encouraged to pioneer with the kids. Another sad scenario is when the mom has to go back to work for economic reasons, the kids are older now, mom has been lax about schooling, can't put them in school now. They end up at home alone or cleaning houses with mom.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

It also occurred to me that canning the Book Study could be a prelude to "suggesting" home schooling. They have given the Dubs a little more free time and after allowing the dust of the recent changes to settle they could hit them with that. You know the line...the big A will be here any time now and the wisdom of this world will be useless then anyway ....blah, blah, blah.....ad naseum.

It makes sense too because the young ones are where they are suffering the worst attrition.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

It works until "rumspringa"!

• blondie
    blondie

Home schooling has never been popular here. The sad conclusion has been that parents have not been diligent in monitoring their children's schooling and many have not graduated or learned the basic skills to get a job and have had many financial problems.

w978/15p.21par.13"SoundnessofMind"astheEndDrawsClose

What about those who have chosen to educate their children at home? While many have done a commendable job, some have found the task more difficult than they imagined, and their children have suffered. So if you are considering home schooling, be sure to count the cost, realistically assessing if you have both the skills and the self-discipline needed to follow through.—Luke 14:28.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Blondie is there a slash missing in the WT reference citation?

I forget their citation format. Is that the August 15, 1997 issue? (If it is that's kinda' funny because mid-August that year is when I bailed).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it's coming, at least as a "suggestion(??)". Home schooling further impedes the person's ability to function outside the cancer, unless it is done properly (and there is a lot of work involved to properly home school a child). About all they are going to get is witless material, leading to a crap "job" that barely puts anything in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

Additionally, the more religions a person is exposed to while young, the more likely that person is going to become atheist (or only weakly religious). If they are exposed to the witless religion only, they are programmed to become witlesses. If this permeates every facet of their lives from Day 1, they are deeply infected with the Jehovah's Witless virus (see The God Virus book, available online, for even more details about this). But, if they are exposed to several radically different religions, they are all likely to look ridiculous. And the Washtowel Slaveholdery does not want witlesses that become atheist and infest the congregations with cancer seeds.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, alpaca. Sorry, I try to catch that.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

So, what do you think Blondie?

Thats 12 years ago and since they have been cracking down hard on higher education recently I could see that attitude spilling over into K-12.

Plus, wasn't it around that time that sort of lightened up, saying that some higher ed was acceptable if it was done with spiritual goals in mind to get a job that paid enough to support oneself while pioneering?

They are just getting so insular. The BORG has changed a lot since I left.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Sorry, the posting thingamajiggy is acting weird...making double posts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit