Did you ever have "Real Freinds" in the KH?

by Quirky1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not once the hounders were through with them. And now I don't even greet them when I run into those cockroaches, because I do not want to go back to the Kingdumb Hell and all they are going to ask is when I am going back.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Knocks you on your butt when you realize that "NO", the supposed friends you had at the kingdom hall were imaginary .

My husband and I grew up with most of the dubs in this area spent 27 yrs. in the local congregation and not one person I can think of as a true friend .

We just stopped going are not Df'd or Da'd (yet ) . I made a few disgruntled comments to a few of those 'friends' ,and I am sure they have been advised I am bad association .

What really gets me is my husband has never said anything neg. about them and it is not his idea to quit yet none of them took the time to talk to him and find out for themselves were he stands. Which has really been a good thing because it showed him how unloving the "brotherhood " and even some of his family truly are.

It solidified for me that my decision to leave was correct .

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I had wonderful friends ( I THOUGHT) called me MuM!!

wanted to work with me in service all the time,Came to my home for meals,

But when I was df,only one still called ,but said she felt guilty talking to me

so quit... After all they must have nothing to do with the >>>>>>>> Grace Gough

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Except for one, all of the "friends" I had in Dubdom based their friendship on conditions of allegiance to the BORG.

The one friend who did not was my best friend in High School. He bailed many years before I did and after I bailed we resumed our friendship.

So, in an odd sort of way it was me who was guilty of friendship by condition. Fortunately, he understood and has never held it against me.

It's been great resuming the friendship. He truly is closer than a brother to me.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

yes, at least 1.

She keep talking - visiting with me - and more important to my daughter who was df-d,

It's now 7 years later and she is out too..........

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yes...my best friend from childhood is still my best friend. We're both out...

Coffee

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I had one good friend that I hung out with and we had the odd drink now and then. He passed away a few years ago but he would drop me like a hot cake if he knew my true feelings about the religion.

The others were more aquaintances than friends, people I would meet during various social gatherings but certainly not what I would call friends.

The word friend is used very loosely these days, it seems to have lost its meaning - I remember being told that we should die for our brothers if that was the case and I looked around the hall and thought no one would ever do that.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Not really.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I did, when I was driving them around and using my resources for them!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I did indeed have real friends there... and I know that because they are my true friends still, years after I have been out. Rare, indeed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit