Did you ever have "Real Freinds" in the KH?

by Quirky1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm talking about one you can have a beer with, talk to, etc. One that won't snub you no matter what.

• blondie
    blondie

No, but I did have non-jw friends that I could count on and trust. That was one of the reasons I started looking at the WTS with different eyes.

• minimus
    minimus

I had "friends" like that as long as I remained a JW.

• undercover
    undercover

When you're still in, you think they're the bestest friends in the world...

It's not until you become inactive or question the Society that you realize that it's all conditional on remaining obedient to the bOrg.

That's speaking in general terms....there are some people who can remain friends with those of us who have gone inactive, but they are the exception, not the rule.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Those are rare gems.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yes I did. I had 2 of them. My friends are now EX JW's just like I am. I have both of them still in my life. I was very lucky.

One of my friends got married at 21 and we lost contact for 12 years. She was my best friend as a teen. Then last summer I found her on myspace and contacted her. We have rekindled our friendship. She is now divorced and is getting married on my 35th birthday in September. My friend Lori and I used to talk about everything.

My other friend Becca has been my friend for years and years. She lives in Kentucky and we don't get to see eachother much anymore but we talk all the time.

I love them both.

• oompa
    oompa

i guess not...maybe one or two but not even sure.......i do have two good friends that still go to kh....but i met them HERE and they are slow faders! sooo glad i hooked up with these guys!.........oh and my wife is my friend

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

None that would still be my friends, if and when I'm ever df'd.

• Poztate
    Poztate

When I left the WT my "friends" left me. There were a few attempts initially to help me return to the Truthâ„¢ but when it became clear I was never going back they shunned me (informally).

I still have JW relatives that talk to me but certainly nothing that I would call true friendship or a close relationship.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

No real friends. After I moved out of the territory they stopped calling me. One called a couple years after I stopped going on my cell and I answered. That was the last time I heard from her. She just didn't expect me to answer. Not a really a friend, a pioneer trying to keep her time going with an inactive person. Sad, huh? Lost my best friend last year and many on this board have gone to his side. Right BB?

Kit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit