When was the last NWT revision released?

by VM44 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Well, MY 2006 edition HAS brackets AND the explanation as to what it means, both as to brackets and double brackets. Since the newer edition I also have, has a higher printing number, it obviously must have been printed LATER than 2006, and it HAS brackets. So what is this? Either someone is making a fabricated claim, OR a part of the 2006 printing has no brackets, whereas other parts of the 2006 printing HAVE..........

• Morgana
    Morgana

Old Hippie: The edition (without quotes) that I was quoting from says on the copyright page after the language listing:

Total Printed of All Editions of New World Translation:
    139,347,865 Copies

2006 Printing
    New World Translation of the Holy ScripturesEnglish (bi12-E)

Some mechanical adjustments have been made on this printing

Made in the United States of America
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

OK - But the 143 million edition (printed later than yours, then) also in English but printed in Germany - HAS brackets.

So - the English NWT printed in the US has no brackets, whereas the English NWT printed in Germany HAS brackets.

In other words - there are TWO DIFFERENT latest NWT available, and the differences are due to whether it is a US or a German printing (although, to repeat myself to boredom, BOTH NWT we are talking about, are in the English language.)

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I can't explain this anomaly. It appears that different printings of the latest edition have different formats, for some unexplained reason. If I am not mistaken, the edition that I was shown was a black soft cover book and it was printed in Japan, of all places. This did not have brackets.

The editions that appear to have been printed in Germany still retain the brackets.

Is it is possible that, in order to save money, the Japan editions are printed privately, with the resources of outside contractors? ?

Curious.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello all,

With regards to the [brackets] I assume those adding the words pay no heed to the warning in the bible itself about adding words to the text?

Revelation 22:18-19 (New International Version)

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit