When was the last NWT revision released?

by VM44 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know when the last revision to the New World Translation was released?

I seriously wonder if there are any qualified Bible translators left at Brooklyn or Patterson. That is assuming that there ever were any there in the first place.

There might not be anyone qualified in The Watchtower organization to make any revisions at all.

The Watchtower today wants lawyers, accountants and construction engineers, not people trained in Biblical languages!

• oompa
    oompa

from memory...1981.....but i asked them to remove the name jehovah from the NT in the next one, or put it in brackets and add a footnote.......i am realy sure this is under consideration.......oompa

• oompa
    oompa

error

• donny
    donny

The last one I am aware of was 1984. I left in 1992 and Franz dies the following year so there has been no one to do any revision.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Too damn long ago!

Interesting comment about the NWT at this site:

http://www.bible-researcher.com/kutilek1.html - just search New World Translation

• blondie
    blondie

1984 is the last one. Of course, how would we know that they had changed text or words?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Yeah I believe it was 1984. The WT ain't what it used to be (run by fanatical, prophesy-spewing, old geezers). Oh wait...they still are being run that way...

I could see them revising it yet again, but they don't necessarily have to. It already conforms to what they want to teach about it.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Yes, 1984 was the last revision. However, I have seen scans here (have not yet checked at local KH) that they have a new edition that has "technical" changes. Specifically, they have removed the brackets, so you cannot see where that have inserted words!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Yes, 1984 was the last revision. However, I have seen scans here (have not yet checked at local KH) that they have a new edition that has "technical" changes. Specifically, they have removed the brackets, so you cannot see where that have inserted words!

I am sure that has been discussed before but I would like to see more information on that. It would be a scandal at the KH if the dub read a text omitting the inserted words.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Didn't they release another "revision" with the brackets removed? You know, around the words they [conveniently] added....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit