Now Some Witnesses Are Buying Backpacks To Get Ready For The Great Tribulation!

by minimus 92 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some Witnesses are making sure they're ready for the Great Day. I've heard certain family members are getting supplies ready including 5 gallons of water, cans of food that can be opened without a can opener, and other "survival" stuff. They have figured that since the Awake (I think) reported how the "friends" got ready for Hurricane Katrina, they too must be ready for survival when the storm of Armageddon rains down.

What will they think of next?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You're shittin' me, right??

• sir82
    sir82
    5 gallons of water, cans of food that can be opened without a can opener, and other "survival" stuff.

Good grief, that would be one hefty backpack!

• minimus
    minimus

My elderly aunt told my mom she was going to get her a backpack too. My mom thinks she's nuts.

• undercover
    undercover

Funny how the Awake! magazine can say..."be prepared with flashlights and water and batteries, etc" in the evenn of a natural disaster and the dubs will jump all over that as a sign of the apocolypse.

But every other magazine and newspaper that prints the same info about emergency preparedness is ignored.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I doubt a backpack of supplies will do much good in the Great Trib,

where is their faith in Jehovah?

• minimus
    minimus

That's what I asked. Wouldn't Jehovah rescue any who didn't have survival gear? Maybe they're poor and can't even afford a backpack.

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

hahahaha.

Oh... thats not a joke?

Actually my mother probably falls into that category. There is soup cans, water bottles, and a bunson burner under my stairs. I asked eher and she said it was for earthquakes, but I notied a little scripture pasted on the side of the container, and seeing as it comes from Revelation, I think she may have other uses for it in mind.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I can vouch for the little red man. Its true and they love talking about how prepared they are with their backpacks and what they have in them.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Oh my God how funny! I think I'd buy a can opener though. Perhaps they should just buy some freeze dried backpacking meals.

By the way, don't the Mormons already do this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit