Brothers in her Cong. question if my mum is "really" anionted!? Why?

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover

"My mother in law is said to be of the anointed, unfortunately she is also known to have mental problems."...........

The only anointed ones that I knew weren't quite "right" mentally...at least in my estimation. They were a bit "off" and didn't fit in well with the normal rank & file JWs let alone the rest of society. They were both old school dubs that were around during Rutherford's era. They went off on tangents and no one really understood them. Instead of being in awe of being in the presence of an anointed one, we humored them and avoided them when possible.

Outlaw made a joke about having to have mental problems to think you're anointed...but there is some truth to that statement. What are the identifying marks of a member of the anointed? They've been "chosen" and they know it the same as we know we are alive and breathing. We...the rest of us...have trouble understanding how they know.

Knowing that this religion is all BS, how could anyone really "know" they're of the anointed if the possibility of that calling isn't real? One has to imagine it and imagine it to the point that they believe it and are willing to pretend to everyone else that they are special.

No offense to your mom 007, but knowing how the Society indoctrinates people to think certain ways to begin with, if she is having some issues, it may well show up here, in her belief system.

Of course, that's no reason for the elders to doubt her because they can't prove that she's not anointed anymore than she can prove she is. It's an impasse. They'll have to take her word for it.

• Cautious Dove
    Cautious Dove

Knowing that this religion is all BS, how could anyone really "know" they're of the anointed if the possibility of that calling isn't real?

Whether the religion is right or wrong is a surely a different issue to whether a calling is real. The calling to be with Jesus pre-dates the WTBTS by 2000 years.

• undercover
    undercover
    Whether the religion is right or wrong is a surely a different issue to whether a calling is real. The calling to be with Jesus pre-dates the WTBTS by 2000 years.

different faiths...same issue

• Quandry
    Quandry

Any non annointed Smelder who questions the "annointedness" of anybody else has REEEEALLLY overstepped their latitude and is probably jealous because they dont want to be stuck down here cleaning up dead bodies after Armageddon.

O.K., this is just hilarious.....

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It is in the interest of the GB to promote a double track on this, as they do so many things.

Recall the most recent discussion of "genuine" anointed; the use of the word genuine implies that some are not. This is promoting a double track, one that allows that well, yes some are now claiming to be anointed, we can't deny it, but we will imply that they are not geniune.

The result is what you see in the congregations: some question the claim to spirit anointing.

Just more of the same from the brooklyn crooks; cynical double think and double speak.

Another example of what I mean: what are the grounds for disfellowshiping? According to the JW website, gross sin. Is uttering a dissenting opinion a gross sin? Or if a person repents of adultery but cannot swear he will be at every meeting, he will be booted.

The society pursues a stated and an implied agenda; those who cannot see the distinction might go insane or suffer depression, a more common occurence among JW's, in my opinion.

VERY glad to be rid of it.

• dogon
    dogon

This is what happens when you have arbitrary rules to go by. When you say that if you feel the call you are of the anointed, and think that is does not leave a great leeway of interpretation your kidding yourself. This has always been a problem, new ones thinking the tingle they feel from being new to a club that they are chosen by god runs high. As for back stabbing when was that not the case in the dubdom for almost every thing from how others raised their kids to the cars they drove. Religion as a whole is a load of crap. People making rules to control other people. I for one need no rules from a space god or talking snake. To pick on part of the Dubdom and say this is bad is like picking one turd out of the septic tank and saying this turd stinks and really pisses me off. Its all crap and you need not play in it.

• Free
    Free

Self Righteous = Claiming that you are one of 144k out of all human history who will float around and rule over us regular folks down hear.

(Ah man, that means I will never be able to fly or be invisable) unless I take my magic pill.

We had one in our hall who was fucking crazy and no I didn't believe them either just like I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy or your Mum.

I'm sure your Mum is the world in your eyes and is a nice lady but do you believe it ? and can you blame them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit