Brothers in her Cong. question if my mum is "really" anionted!? Why?

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I don't get this...my mum pioneered for 25 years and in the last few years she at 69 is claiming to be anionted and taking emblems.....WELL you should see the back stabbing! Some claim she isn't since she doesn't work at Bethel or contribute to the litrature??? It becomes a big debate, is she or not? This has happened with other "anionted" sisters in the congregation, other sisters talking them down! How bitchy is this, why not leave it to God to decide? Whats to say she isn't?

I find these self-rightoues atitudes towards an elderly lady discusting!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

All power to your mum. Anointed to a heavenly hope is a just reward for 25 years of pioneering. Afterall, replacements for those wayward 144,000,000,000,000,000 have got to come from somewhere.

Cheeses - who has gone from anointed to earthly class and back again several times and finds it all quite dreary.

• carla
    carla

According to jw theology don't the 144,000 help judge? Would that really be the wise thing to do to an annointed one? annoy them now? If she was one of the annointed isn't it considered rude for people to ask her about it besides for the elders? Why do they announce they are annointed at all? why not just partake at the annual reject Jesus party and let the chips fall where they may? I would think if one really believed they were annointed nothing could keep them from partaking and knowing they were going to heaven. As for the bitchy sisters maybe a special needs talk is in order about jealousy & gossip.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do know one brother that was anointed for 25 years til he died, the elders refused to recommend him as an elder, he was ministerial servant all the way to his death. He was reaching out to be an elder, but the BOE does not believe that he is really one of the anointed, so they never appoint him as an elder, but the PO gave his Memorial talk and he said that he finished his earthly course.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Didn't they recently decide that 1935 was not the "cut-off" date, and the numbers for annointed are rising every year? Why can't she be of the annointed if she feels that's what she is?

Are these people trying to "cut off the flow of God's Holy Spirit?"

• sspo
    sspo

Why?

Because they expect anointed one to be holy,wiser,and sinless than the average joe in the congregation.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Why?

Simple Jay Duhbs prefer their annointed ones to be men.

Anyone know Jean Herring married to Art Herring? She is one of the annointed. She was not respected as annointed.

Creationists, who believe it all started with Adam and Eve around 6,000 years ago, say the world population to date is 51 billion.

51,000,000,000/144,000 = 354,166 chances of being an annointed one. I have several annointed ones living within a 10 mile radius of me.

WHAT ARE THE ODDS !!!!!!

BTW anyone know how many annointed ones come from the US vs. the rest of the world?

I think the US is the gold medal winner for producing annointed. LOL

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

A couple of our elders would say that one of our local pioneer sisters was "One of the disappointed", because that's what was going to happen when she died and found out that she'd given up her place on Earth by claiming to be "annointed". She didn't pass the test, because she wasn't "sure". She wavered back and forth over the years, sometimes taking the emblems. One of those elders gave her funeral talk and had his nose all the way up her deceased annointed butt. Just in case I suppose.

Witness007: They're all crazy. You'd thing they'd respect that your mom is touched with a little bit extra.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

The whole who is and who isnt annointed thing is STUPID at best. The JWs interpretation of the 144,000 in Revelation being a literal NUMBER is stupid at best. People who think they are annointed because gods spirit spoke to their spirit...probably are 1) really spiritual 2) really crazy and in any event they shouldnt be messed with. Any non annointed Smelder who questions the "annointedness" of anybody else has REEEEALLLY overstepped their latitude and is probably jealous because they dont want to be stuck down here cleaning up dead bodies after Armageddon.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Someone should point these cretins to Jesus words in John 3: 3 In answer Jesus said to him: “Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Good to luck them even seeing the kingdom of God.

Matthew 23: 13 “Woe to YOU , scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit