Brothers in her Cong. question if my mum is "really" anionted!? Why?

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Opposition might just be the absolutely best reason to claim to be one of the anointed. Nothing quite like stirring up a busy-body controversy amony the local rank and file.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tell them to prove,she is`nt annointed..It can`t be done..LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Her claim is entirely within the boundaries of what JWs believe is possible, so why can't they at least be civil to her?

Even if they seriously doubt that she is anointed, it is not for them to decide. The WTB&TS makes it clear that this is between her and her sky pal.

Those other jealous birds should have the courtesy to smile and say, "Of course you are, Dear." and then change the subject.

• loosie
    loosie

She should tell them to behave, because she never forgets a face. And once she gets to heaven they better watch out.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

My mother in law is said to be of the anointed, unfortunately she is also known to have mental problems.

Psychologically unbalanced people and the anointed ....ummm isn't that an interesting dilemma.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

In my opinion people that take up this anointed stature are people trying to place themselves

up above others deliberately in their congregation, I've met 1 or 2 and didn't see any particular difference

other a little more holier than thou attitude coming out of them.

Not to strike a personal blow to Witness007's mother.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"My mother in law is said to be of the anointed, unfortunately she is also known to have mental problems."...........LOL!!......You would have to have mental problems,to think you were annointed to begin with..LOL!!......................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

jws are always questioning other jws spiritual standing....and that includes the anointed. If they are harrassing her, shame on them. As a jw I would have felt they were putting their own standing with God in jeopardy. I did hear a lot of gossip about those that did begin partaking and I would ask who were they to question an act between God and this person, the only other party being the holy spirit. I always pointed out that perfection was not a requirement in the first century, why now.

Blondie

• mouthy
    mouthy

!!......You would have to have mental problems,to think you were annointed to begin with..LOL!!......................

Go to your room Outlaw.& take that ruddy dog with you.... I think I am annointed.My hubby crowned me MANY times

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I remember that my aunt began partaking many years ago, probably 25 years ago, and there was a lot of gossip about it. I was already out of the borg but I heard about it when I visited relatives. I always thought "Why is it anybody's business if she thinks she is one of the anointed? " That was between her and God.

I didn't believe any of that stuff but in my mind it was my aunt's life and her decision and it made me mad that anyone would question her spirituality. Just a bunch of idle gossipers. They should all be as good of an example of a fine human being as my aunt. How dare they criticize her!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit