Its All About Them Until We Remember Our First Name

by AllTimeJeff 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Good post.

I don't understand why JW's even call each other brother and sister .

They are not born again, therefore they are not spiritual brothers and sisters in christ.

imo

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's also interesting to think that we called each other Brother and Sister [Surname]; we could certainly have used the honorific Brother/Sister with each others' first names (I think some other religions or religious orders do this, right?). My guess is that the brothers at the top would never have stood for younger Witnesses calling them Brother Joseph, etc., so they insisted on using last names. Which seems contrary to the whole idea of a familial relationship. Sure, we call our parents by a title, but we always call our sibings by their given names....

• dqFreedom
    dqFreedom

The only organizations who ever called me by my last name alone, were the jw's and the Army. I was just a 'Number' in both places-

And both groups gave me a fancy Welcoming IN- and then nothing on the way out-

There are many more parallels between them.

DQFreedom-

• clarity
    clarity

DQFreedom... great point you make!

Btw big welcome to you..... don't know if I missed it but

looking forward to hearing your story.

clarity

• Fernando
    Fernando

One could rightly ask, if they are not sons of God, whom do they call "father"?

And how can they be brothers and sisters if not adopted into God's family by Christ's mediation and ransom?

(Hebrews 2:11) . . .For both he who is sanctifying and those who are being sanctified all [stem] from one, and for this cause he is not ashamed to call them “brothers,”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit