i have been outed pretty badly as an evil apostate.......BEWARE!!!

by oompa 30 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

oompa, buddy...you gotta watch what you say and who you say it to...unless you're ready to be completely outed and DFd/DAd. And I don't think you are yet. You're still trying to find ways to improve your marriage to a zealous JW.

It is cool to find others who understand where we're coming from, but ya gotta be mindful that some people, even though willing to bitch and whine about the religion to some degree, are still under its control. Knowing the guilt they're under, they're still likely to waver when push comes to shove.

I wouldn't have thought that this guy would be the type to return but you never know.

I know a guy who has been DFd for over ten years, hasn't stepped foot in a hall for most of that time and makes no effort to live by JW standards...yet he's eat up with guilt about not being "worthy" of being a JW. On the couple of instances where I've tried to share info I've learned, he actually defended the religion. He seemed troubled that I was talking "apostate" to him. It was a surreal experience, an inactive but un-DFd person trying to convince a DFd person the problems with the religion that treated him like shit and the DFd one defending their actions.

I learned from that experience, that just because someone is "out" doesn't necessarily mean they are free of the control of the religion. You have to tread lightly when talking of negative things about the Society/JWs with somone who you're not sure where they stand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit