DF attending Memorial

by cameo-d 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What happens if a DF person attends Memorial service?

Will they be treated badly?

Would they be snubbed?

Would they be told to sit on the back row?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If they partake of the emblems, they only count as 1/2 of a person in the totals.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If they partake of the emblems, they only count as 1/2 of a person in the totals.

Rub a Dub

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

They can go. I would assume that nobody would talk to them (you may get a smile of recognition), but an Elder may ask if they want a visit or something like that. They are the only ones "approved" to talk with a DF person. I would be very surprised if they didn't use that opportunity to try and set something up where they can encouage you towards reinstatement.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not recommend it. If you are disfellowshipped and attend the REJECT Jesus Party, no one is going to talk to you (except the hounders, and they want you to start going to all the boasting sessions and work toward reinstatement). It is not worth it.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

As already been said they won’t talk to you, they are afraid they might be seen by elders, although they, the GLORIOUS ONES can and probably will (this feeds their little ego).

It’s bad enough not to be talked to, but if you have a young family they won’t talk to them either.. the children do not know what’s going on.

This on a night where true Christianity should be displayed.

KT

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Would they make it obvious...like looking at you and turning their nose up before they turn their heads....

would there be a display of disgust?

Or would they simply avert their eyes like they did not see you or never look directly at you?

What would most likely be the reaction?

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I remember a Disfellowshiped person who happened to arrive late, who would normally sit at the back of the hall, on this occasion all the seats were taken.

They therefore had to make their way to the front of the hall.

The look of utter disbelief on one elders face !!!!!!

KT

• asilentone
    asilentone

kaytee, priceless!

• blondie
    blondie

Define "treated badly"

No jw would knowingly talk to a df'd/da'd person at the memorial.

It is not WTS official policy to make df'd sit in the back; it tends to depend on the BOE. The last memorial I went to had a df'd adult child sitting with their parents towards the front.

By "snub" you mean "shun," then I have never seen anyone do anything other than not talk to people...which is no different than what could happen it a jw happened to run into a df'd person. Usually an elder that knows them makes sure they are seated and that they get any literature that they might request as long as it is for the general public.

There is no way that the elders want a scene at the KH, caused either by the df'd person or a jw with an issue.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit