Did Jehovah's Witnesses "Do A Job" On You?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jimmy, that "blows" me away, man.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The Jehovah's Witnesses have done a job on everyone !

Coercion, oppression, repression, manipulation, exploitation, death, physical illness,

divorce, friendships dissolved, broken families, suicide, lost wealth and a standard of living,

depression and forced anxiety and assorted unhealthy mental physiologies,

and other apathetic anti-social behaviors.

The list is long and dire !

But its still God's only solemn organization on earth.........right

• flipper
    flipper

Perhaps for some of my life while I was in the witnesses they did a " job " on me as far as my expecting the alleged " paradise " . But I don't blame myself for that - because I was raised in it from birth - had no choice , or so I thought for some time. The witnesses teachings on sex, or my emotional or mental outlook and behavior didn't affect me as I was always an independent thinker - even as a witness I thought " outside the box" so to speak.

Once I educated myself about how cult mind control can affect ANYBODY regardless of intelligence I was able to heal after leaving the cult and forgive myself for being duped for awhile by the false hopes the WT society entrapped people with. Now the last 5 years I'm a positive, moving on kind of guy who looks back with no regrets - I just dwell on the future and living in the here and now. It's how I roll

• megaflower
    megaflower

Yes to all the above ansewers. Healing is a process and progress is being made. Regrets-you betcha. I wish I had woken up sooner and did not raise 2 children in the JW. I got both of them out so that is a real blessing. We are healing as a family, very happy about that.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I got both of them out so that is a real blessing. We are healing as a family, very happy about that.

Good for you megaflower. I am very happy for you that you are all healing as a family. My family never did. But I am working on healing myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit