Did Jehovah's Witnesses "Do A Job" On You?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Mentally, physically, spiritually, sexually, materially, etc.???

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I pick all of the above...

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised in the religion so if "it did a job on me", I can't really say. I know it affected me but I'm not damaged goods from it. (I think).

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

All of the above, but physically is subject to debate. My body may have crapped out either way.

W

• minimus
    minimus

I see some exjws soooooo bitter about their lot in life, especially those that left their past religion and got entangled with the Witnesses, later on in life. They think they should've known better??

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Having been raised in it there were certain traits that I had to recognize and change to become a better person.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    They think they should've known better??

Sometimes I think I should have known better, but there was little critical information available to me at the time.

I needed a drastic change in my life anyway at the time. The way I was going I might easily been dead or in prison by the time I was 30. I just wish I found a more constructive way to make the needed changes in my life.

W

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I am still recognizing traits in myself that have their roots in my JW childhood. I'm still trying to change and get better and heal.

• minimus
    minimus

Scarred for life, I sense that with your avatar name.

• Mandette
    Mandette

I have lacerations that are slowly healing. They are scabbed over but not totally healed. I'm not sure that they ever will be totally gone. Sometimes when I think they're finally healed something happens that picks at the scab. But I'm very happy that now the scab is never totally torn off again, just picked at. So I've made progress.

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit