Why I am an atheist

by Awakened at Gilead 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Facts? What are facts?

No one is going to take you seriously until you shave the beard, you know.

BTS

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

What "facts" are you talking about?

What's the problem with my beard?

Jehovah's Witnesses don't like it.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What "facts" are you talking about?
    What's the problem with my beard?

You are wearing it. And that goofy cap doesn't help at all. Also, you will never get anywhere with that backpack. You need a nice leather briefcase. You can get one here. You reek of apostate, I can smell it from here. Go shave and sign up for Theocratic Ministry School.

• Farkel
    Farkel

a@g,

The flaw in your argument is that you haven't considered the possibility that the existence of a Creator and the veracity of the Bible don't have to could be mutually inclusive.

Farkel

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thats right Farkel , take Homerovah for example he could be the great creator of the universe !

One thing can be certain, considering what has happened to humanity since are existence, he's got to be a total asshole.

Or an astute businessman

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Farkel: The flaw in your argument is that you haven't considered the possibility that the existence of a Creator and the veracity of the Bible don't have to could be mutually inclusive.

I have considered that Farkel. I rejected the Bible first, and then decided to tackle the question as to whether I would believe in a God or not. I definitely do not believe in the Bible God. As to whether there is a "god" who created matter in the universe, the jury is out on that one, as no one can prove it either way, especially since if he/she/it exists, he/she/it has been quite silent on the matter.

• Hittman
    Hittman

The CRS quarterly is a peer-reviewed journal…
    Thanks, that's my laugh for the day.

lance you know i want to read this...but damm it is long!...plus i am not quite an atheist yet....could sombody please do a Cliffnotes version?...thanks........oompa
    Sure: http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

You are wearing it. And that goofy cap doesn't help at all. Also, you will never get anywhere with that backpack. You need a nice leather briefcase. You can get one here. You reek of apostate, I can smell it from here. Go shave and sign up for Theocratic Ministry School.

You forgot to add "Hippie!"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

f. My disbelief in god is not absolute. In oher words, I do not deny that a creator god may exist. However, if he/she/it does exist, why not make it clear? Why not carve a message on Mt. Rushmore? Why not have the rocks speak out and tell us? Why not have some sort of supernatural displays so that his existence is clear to all, and people of different religions will stop killing or hating one another?

It is actually impossible to prove God does not exist, hence your fallback here in point f. Deism is quite appealing in that regard - maybe there was a creator but he certainly doesn't do anything anymore.

The existence of wickedness is one of the great arguments against God, or at least a loving God, and is something few religious people can answer with any level of reason or confidence.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    It is actually impossible to prove God does not exist, hence your fallback here in point f. Deism is quite appealing in that regard - maybe there was a creator but he certainly doesn't do anything anymore.

Very few people are such strong atheists so that they deny God's existence... even Richard Dawkins speaks in probabilities, and suggests that God is quite improbable, although possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit