Well...well...well. Look what you've done to this place!

by journey-on 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Exodus 13:12 (King James Version)

12 That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD's.

Maybe that's why in all the fairy tales, the evil trolls take the firstborn.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    openeth the matrix

How appropos!

• Priest73
    Priest73

all of my brothers and sisters left. First left first, Second (me) second, third...third you get the point

• dinah
    dinah

I'm an only child.

And out of all the kids that I grew up with at the KH, I think only a couple of them are still in. Several left for a time and returned *gag*.

• Emma
    Emma

I'm the first born and the only one out.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Hey there journey-on,

I'm the firstborn of two children and I'm out (way out) while my younger sister is in.

In the case of one family that I know that had four sons and a daughter, the first born (son) was the first to leave. And this was a family that had Dad, two sons, and son-in-law all as elders in the same congregation. I don't think any of them are still Witnesses now though...

If the firstborn stays with the religion, it may be more loyalty to Mom and Dad than real faith. Firstborn children do have a tendency to take on a lot of responsibility.

Anyway,

Ruth

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Older brother still in. Younger son me, way out.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was the first born child in my family and I was the first one out.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

This one is a hard one to answer for me, because I've been the youngest, the middle and the oldest. I'm the youngest of my full blood siblings, and they all left by the time I was about 9/10. My mother died and my father remarried and had two more children. For a while we were all at home, that made me pretty much the middle child (my oldest sister left home at 15). Once all my older siblings left, I was the oldest to my two half siblings.

Out of those two, I left first, my younger brother left several years after I did, my youngest sister is still in.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I am the oldest of 4 children and the only one out so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit