Well...well...well. Look what you've done to this place!

by journey-on 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I'm the oldest of four. The third, my sister, is the only one who was ever baptised.

Jackie

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

There was a book written on birth order a few decades ago that was fascinating. Sorry, i can't remember the author. It was based on statistical research and it did say that firstborns tend to be more traditional, favor more traditional careers, more traditional marriages and more traditional religions than their younger siblings. Parents often place much higher expectations on their firstborn children and are much more relaxed with subsequent children which can also be an influencing factor.

Of course, there will always be exceptions to this. Birth order was one strong factor of influence on personality but not the only one. Genetic predisposition and environment were the other two strongest influencing factors on people's choices in life.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

First of three am I. Both my brother (middle child) and I are out, though he left long before I did. I haven't been able to communicate with him since I left, so I can't speak for his motivations or even know if he has ever been on this (or the old) forum. It is too early to say what my sister will do since she is married to an "oldest child" who is definitely still in. She knows my position though not of my specific motivations for leaving the family religion. I did once find my brother's name on the web site of a Pentecostal church, so I assume that he and his wife are still Christian. Other than that he has avoided contact with the rest of the family, much to my parent's chagrin.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit