Death is all I see lately

by Decided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

My daughter's farther in law died this week. Also my neighboor, and a woman I had worked with for years. It really makes me sad to see so many people I know dying. It just reminds me that it's just around the corner for me. I can't seem to enjoy each day I now have. The economy is going down the drain along with so many other things that don't brighten my day.

Depression is getting a hold on me. My wife is sick with some type of virus that keeps her going to the bath room and she feels awfull. I need a beer or something.

Ken P.

• rebel8
    rebel8

(( ))

Beer is a depressant (will make your depression worse). Do you have a family doctor or Employee Assistance Program? Go see someone. Times are tough, no doubt, but you don't have to suffer with clinical depression on top of it all.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Sorry you are feeling down Ken.

I don't know what to tell you - everyone is so different in how they find a way to lift themselves up. There are times that being introspective just brings on more introspection so a diversion of no great importance sometimes works. A fluff movie perhaps? Go see a totally non thinking piece of fun...or go walking through the mall and sit in the food court and just enjoy the sound of a kid laughing in the play area. sammieswife.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hey Ken,

I think it is safe to say that many of the people, who participate in the discussions on this board, have probably experienced similar states of mind at one time or another. Rarely, are circumstances really as bad as they seem at the time you are experiencing them. The benefit of hindsight has proven this time and again for many who have thought things couldn't get worse.

The key is to get some help from a mental professional. It will make all of the difference in the world. No matter how difficult it may seem, pick up the phone and start making some calls to find help. Many, many people who have been in circumstances similar to yours can attest to the value of counseling. There is no more shame in getting professional help for mental distress than there is in getting help for a physical injury.

All the best,

Alex

• garybuss
    garybuss

I see people dying every day too. I guess it doesn't depress me . . . although I do grieve when someone important to me dies. I've accepted death as a reality I can't escape. I've been thinking about getting into the casket business. The burial and grocery businesses are recession proof. I've tried to work in a grocery store but I couldn't keep my hands off the oranges.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Decided,

You have a PM.

Cameo-d

• Decided
    Decided

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll get over this down period soon. I'm going to find something I enjoy doing and go for it.

Ken P.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hey Ken,

I just gave you a call and left a message. I hope to talk to you later on today. You probably don't know how many people care about you, including myself.

Farkel

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I realize I have been waiting to die since the day I was born.

But I try not to dwell on it.

And I have done a lot of research and read many books and I find a lot of information

saying this life is just the begining of the journey.

Or it might be the middle of the journey.

But life goes on and on.

There is very little hard evidence for any beliefs about life outside of, you live, you pay taxes and you

die.

So you should try to think about good things. For me, thats believing in reincarnation

and eternall life. Or if you dont like reincarnation just think about eternal life.

I can tell by your past post, if you are Ken, who I think you are, you dont

find any comfort in an eternal dirt nap.

So leave that to the nihilist.

There is as much hard evidence for eternal life as there is for evolution, atheism, or God.

Which is my way of saying there is no hard evidence for anything except death and taxes.

So think good thoughts and be happy.

Because the only thing in life you can control is what you think.

And what you think will either make you happy or sad.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day Ken,

I've seen death lately too and it shook me up a bit. Makes a man rethink his life.

best wishes and all .. I hope your wife gets herself sorted.

unc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit