Girl Scout Cookies

by leavingwt 21 Replies latest social current

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Ha...a friend just hit me up with an email to remind me to put my order in.

• Casper
    Casper

I bought my usual 3 boxes...

Thin mints and 2 of the peanut butter

Cas

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

being the girl scout leader I am....

we get sixty cents for every box.

And let me tell you it is a huge pain in the butt to do cookie sales.

• rebel8
    rebel8

We were told not to be in Brownies (jr. Girl Scouts) because they had us doing a craft project of making a flag with glue, macaroni, and cardboard.

Glue, macaroni, and cardboard are tools of Saaaaataaaaaaan!

I don't like their cookies though. I actually like these better, even though they are kind of gross too.

THIN MINT CRACKERS

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

• 1 pound bittersweet chocolate
    • 80 buttery round crackers
    • 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate coatings over hot tap water for 15 - 20 minutes. Stir . Do not cook or get water into the chocolate.
    2. After it is melted, stir in a couple drops of peppermint flavor into the chocolate.
    3. Dip crackers into the melted chocolate and then place onto a cold cookie sheet and put into the refrigerator to set. (A freezing tray to rest the dipped cookies will keep the bottoms neat looking.)
    4. In a few minutes take them out and package in candy cups. The cookies are best kept at room temperature or a cool dry place away from any odors.
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

I am such a bitch for these cookies, I love those thin mints and savanahs

• John Doe
    John Doe
    being the girl scout leader I am....
    we get sixty cents for every box.
    And let me tell you it is a huge pain in the butt to do cookie sales.

You can buy a whole box of cookes at the Dollar Store for, well, a dollar.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I love their cookies. I bought them outside the grocery store. Last time, rather than take the cookies I gave them a donation and told them to keep the cookies. I like to do the same to the boy scouts, too. They are wonderful for kids to join and learn things that stay with them and are useful.

Kit

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

MMMM MMMM MMMM looking forward to the GS and their cookies. We stock up on the Carmel Delites and Thin Mints.

• blondie
    blondie

It is interesting that there is nothing in writing in the publications on girl scouts and buying cookies. I grew up seeing the elders' wives buy these openly and serve them at the book study afterwards for a treat.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Luther Ingram best described my relationship with Girls Scout Cookies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAUCVbnDUg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit