Did you like the name "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

by JimmyPage 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Or did you wish the religion had a more mainstream name? I can remember a "worldly" schoolmate telling me he wouldn't object to the religion so much if the name didn't sound so weird.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I never thought it was a good name.

It was hardly ever pronounced correctly by others, It made it sound Jewish, and was awkward to say...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

You know... you can always tell if someone really has experience with the Witnesses if they actually say "Jehovah's Witnesses". The greater part of the population says "Jehovah Witness". That's always been amusingly telling.

• watson
    watson

I never liked being called a "Jehovah."

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I would've much preferred "brainwashed drones".

• Dagney
    Dagney

No. Always thought it was goofy.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The name and principal of the name is poor and heretical.

Jesus said

Acts 1:8 (New International Version)

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Same here, we are witnesses to Jesus, not the Father.

Acts 22:14-15 (New International Version)

14 "Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth. 15 You will be his witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.

The WT don't want you witnessing to Jesus be He is THE way, THE truth, THE life and THE only way to the Father.

All the best,

Stephen

• New light for you
    New light for you

YOU JEHOVAHS!!!!

ya.. when i was in even it sounded disrespectful, if that was Gods name, to put it out there for people to mess up and make fun of.

Now, i can say...

YOU CRAZY F$*in' JEHOVAHS!!

• New light for you
    New light for you

YOU JEHOVAHS!!!!

ya.. when i was in even it sounded disrespectful, if that was Gods name, to put it out there for people to mess up and make fun of.

Now, i can say...

YOU CRAZY F$*in' JEHOVAHS!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I would have much prefered the "bible student" label, or somehting with the word "church" in it.

United Church of Bible Students

Yeah, now you just sound like something you can find on any street corner. Not some weird group of people that think the end of the world revolves around old men who live in Brooklyn New York.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit