Name Some Jehovah's Witness Character Traits

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I always remember that I was a jw for more than 35 years depending on whether you start with my first meeting or my baptism date. I have found that it is not possible to characterize any group of people as all sharing the same characteristics. Reminds me of the days that black people and women were considered less intelligent than white men.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

and that's not true???

• shamus100
    shamus100

You are correct, Blondie. Overgeneralization is very dangerous - that's what Hitler did.

But generally, witnesses are that way - or at least that's the mood that one gets when they enter a kingdumb hall. There are some very friendly, very warm people there too. And, they're not all child molesters.

• parakeet
    parakeet

But, with few exceptions (they show up on this forum regularly), the dubs that accept everything the WTS decides to cram down their gullets are BRAINDEAD. They cannot or will not think for themselves.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think you have to make a distinction between them as individuals, and the product of the belief system they were in. Most of the negative traits mentioned were no more inherent in them, than in anyone else.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

HYPOCHONDRIACS

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

One of the characteristics or personality traits that seemed pervasive was the "victim" mindset.

Many Dubs seemed to live their lives in a way that practically insured they would continuously be the victim of something... misfortunes, sickness, job loss, struggling financially, family conflicts, etc.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Let's all turn that victim feeling around to something more positive (if we all feel like that), and admit we have all survived. I refuse to be a victim the rest of my life. I am not a victim of divorce, I am a survivor of divorce. I also survived being a dub. It's over I'm moving on now.

Kit

• parakeet
    parakeet

Bubblie: "Let's all turn that victim feeling around to something more positive ..... and admit we have all survived ..... I also survived being a dub. It's over I'm moving on now."

I turned my frown upside-down a long time ago. But consider this. If you've ever been attacked by a mugger (I have), you'll survive and "move on"; however, you'll have strong opinions about the motives and personalities of muggers for the rest of your life.

The WTS has been emotionally and mentally mugging its followers for many years now. As former "victims" who have moved on, I think we're entitled to voice our opinions about dubs and their masters.

• minimus
    minimus

HYPOCHONDRIACS----I agree!

Many loved diagnosing their medical issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit