Name Some Jehovah's Witness Character Traits

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

ok then...got ya min........ninja tries again...................................... halitosis........he he

• minimus
    minimus

They are the most LOVING people in the world-----right???

• ninja
    ninja

vindictive......I'm thinking of one ronnie hunter when I mention this

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's weird for everything positive trait I can think of a negative one to cancel it out

For every negative I can find a positive.

And my conclusion is.

It depends on if the JW is dealing within the organization or outside the organization.

As and entity:

I find them to be

obedient

fearful

kind

ruthless

fanatical

focused

determined

• watson
    watson

You put it all together, and heck, they sound a lot like the people here! Good and Bad. It ain't the people, people.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

right watson,

There are alot of good people in the organization, heck I was one of them. And the people here were one of them too!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hopelessly paranoid.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I have five Jehovah's Witnesses historical periods in my life. My experiences with Jehovah's Witness people in the context of those five time periods are all different. In fact, radically different.

My five Jehovah's Witness historical periods are:

• 1. Childhood; Age 7 - 12
    • 2. Adolescence; 13 - 20
    • 3. Early adult; 21 - 30
    • 4. The lost years; 30 - 47
    • 5. The confrontation and recovery; 47 - present

• The childhood years were terrible. The Witness people led by my parents were exploitive and abusive.
    • Adolescence was my best Witness period. I was visibly compliant but not religious. During this time I benefited socially from being associated with the Witness group. I was welcomed in many kind Witness homes. I have many good memories of this period.
    • The early adult years contained a series of disconfirmations. During this time the Witness people showed me a side I had not noticed before. They were dishonest, rude, controlling, manipulative, and mean.
    • From about age 30 till 47 I was a (subconsciously believing) walkaway. Innuendoes delivered by pious Witness acquaintances and relatives didn't go over well. I was on a collision course.
    • The confrontation period lasted from 1992 when the Witness people started to actively shun and snub me into 1996 when I took my experiences to the front page of the local daily newspaper and the television news magazine show.

After I went public with my story, I was threatened by Witnesses over the telephone and in a short time the Witness people confirmed every suspicion I had about their bad character. The mistake they made with me, is they left me with nothing to lose to them.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

but I got better..... < per Monty Python>

• StAnn
    StAnn

My experience has been that Dubs are decidedly lacking in character.

Cookie-cutter cultists, one and all.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit