Dumbest new Watchtower study "Don't worry about health just preach!"

by Witness 007 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• compound complex
    compound complex

This has been reposted a few times since Ironhead wrote it on 12/22/2006. The quotation is from his congregation elders' letter to him about illness/missing meetings. It seems appropriate to put it up again:

"Just to let you know we're thinking of you during this testing time regarding your health. The principle in the scripture that things are established by having 2 or 3 witnesses, can be applied to accepting a diagnosis of our health. Let 2 or 3 independent authorities agree about it then we in the congregation can accept it. One's spiritual health must not be neglected."

CoCo

• undercover
    undercover
    "Just to let you know we're thinking of you during this testing time regarding your health. The principle in the scripture that things are established by having 2 or 3 witnesses, can be applied to accepting a diagnosis of our health. Let 2 or 3 independent authorities agree about it then we in the congregation can accept it. One's spiritual health must not be neglected."

I was intrigued by this quote, so I had to go search out the original post to see it in context...

I should have been shocked by the attitude of this elder but wasn't. People outside the organization might be appalled by such a lack of concern over people's real health, but those of us who have been associated for years or life, this attitude is standard.

As this WT article alludes to, service to the organization is the most important thing (though cleverly worded as "spiritual health"). The attitude of the elder to Ironhead is the perfect example of expecting him to fulfill his obligation to the organization first, worry about himself and his health second.

Just another example of cult control.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

The apostle Paul on more than one occasion ran when it looked like he was going to stoned, he obviously did not think it prudent to stick around and keep preaching, he was certainly thinking of his health ( live to fight another day ).

"Better a live coward than a dead hero"

KT

• abbagail
    abbagail

Let 2 or 3 independent authorities agree about it thenwe in the congregation can accept it.

That is the meanest sounding thing I ever heard. And snobby/snotty, to boot! It's written just like a lawyer, "2 or 3 Independent Authorities"... Independent Authorities? Since when are doctors described that way?

The compassion just oozes off the page. Can't you FEEL it?

Who does he think "we/they" are?

And "THEN" we... can accept it?

I hope he told them to take a long walk on a short pier.

For someone still "in" the borg and sick, that would be a really CRUEL note to send! Wow. The tons of GUILT that would lay on a suckered JW would be tremendous. Truly, they bind up heavy loads and dump them on the JWs shoulders...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit