by TooBad TooSad 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

My wife was talking on the phone to one of her Witness friends in

another state who has been a JW for over 40 years, which is also true

for me and my wife. Well, I have been working on my wife trying to get

her to see the truth about the Truth. In talking to her friend the topic

of 1975 came up and my wife said that the WTBTS said that the end

was coming in 1975 and her friend said that they never said that.

My wife asked me to get her some information about 1975 so that

she could correct her friend. I reviewed the information from the Awake

mags in the late 1960's and the "Freedom" book and what the WTBTS said

was that in the fall of 1975 would mark the end of mankind being on the

earth for 6,000 years. They really did not say that Armegeddon will

start in the fall of 1975. All JW's are taught that at the end of the 6,000

years of mankind being on the earth is the 1,000 year reign of Jesus to

complete the 7,000 years of one of God's creative days. His 1,000 year

rulership will take place after the Great Tribulation.

Now the illustration. If I were to tell my wife that in 7 years, on our

wedding aniversary, that would be a good time to buy her the 1 carat

diamond ring that she has always wanted, would she be expecting

me to buy her the ring in 7 years? Now the 7 years pass and I do not

buy her the ring. She says that you said that you would buy me a

one carrat diamond ring this year. I then say to her, "no, I said that

this would be a good time to buy you the ring, I did not say that I would

actually buy you the ring."

What really is toobad and toosad is that in another 10 to 20 years, all

of us that experienced the 1975 phenomenon will be dead and gone

and the 1975 thing will then never have happened what is really

toobader and toosader is those who witnessed it and now say that

it never happened.

TooBad TooSad

• seek2find
    seek2find

1975 will become the same thing 1925 became. A lot of witnesses didn't even know about the 1925 date predictions untill the procalaimers book came out. It's funny how time seems to have a way of glossing over mistakes. seek2find

• rebel8
    rebel8

Jehovah is such a tease!

"W@W! I am going to DEFINITELY buy you that ring SOON and a GREAT time for me to do that would be on our anniversary! I promise I will definitely buy it for you really soon, but I can't tell you what day! But our anniversary would be a great day for me to! Don't buy any other jewelry 'cause I'm gonna give you this REALLY SOON!

"L@@K--here's an artist's rendering of what you will look like when you're wearing that ring! You'll be more beautiful than everyone else in the whole wide world, except for a small group of women who have that same ring! Don't get a job or go to college--you'll be too busy to enjoy the ring!

"I'll DEFINITELY get you that ring REALLY SOON because the ringmakers are going out of business any day now!"

Sounds like the marketing technique used by infomericals for male enhancements.

• carla
    carla

Again we have a definition problem. "my wife said that the WTBTS said that the end was coming in 1975, - the fall of 1975 would mark the end of mankind being on the earth for 6,000 years. - All JW's are taught that at the end of the 6,000years of mankind being on the earth is the 1,000 year reign of Jesus to complete the 7,000 years of one of God's creative days. "

My jw keeps harping on the fact that apostates say that jw's teach 'the end' and he claims jw's do not teach 'the end' of anything. (did you catch that? make sense?) However, how do you define 'the end'? The end of life, as we know it today, is the general consensus of people I know. If their unbiblical prophetic events happened as they believe and Jesus comes for the third time (according to their theology) and 'rules' the world obviously that would certainly be the end of life as we know it. Add to that all the non jw's who will be destroyed or not resurrected in their fictional account of events it would certainly be 'the end' for those people.

If they have a date that marks the END of mankind being on the earth for a specified time what else could it mean if not the end as most people understand it? Why bring it up if it has no significance?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Good analogy.

I like to focus on what the Society DID say. We can prove that they DID publish LIES in their publications during the run-up to 1975. See below.

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

This is a LIE. Anyway you slice it or dice it, it is a LIE.

If you were 20 years old in 1969, you would be turning 60 this year. Therefore, the statement published in the above Awake article is a LIE.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, imagine talking to your wife constantly about how "appropriate" it would be for you to buy her that big diamond ring on your 7th anniversary. "Why are you looking froward to your 7th anniversry, honey?"

And then when the big day arrives, don't even mention that it is your anniversary.

And then, months later, tell her "you know why you didn't get that ring? Because you wanted it so much!" (a la Fred Franz)

Definitely a good illustration, to people who are open to hearing it, anyways.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Look at how the same sort of flim flam was used to escape their assurance that the generation of 1914 would not pass away before the end. They weasled out of that in 1995 and there has hardly a peep from the drones.

• booby
  • seek2find
    seek2find

The generation thing that was changed in 1995 was even more important than 1975. The reason is that for many years every issue of Awake had a statement in the masthead that said that it was the Creators promise to bring about the new world before the Generation of 1914 passed away. The statements in print about 1975 were not as frequent and some of them kind of vague. The thing I remember about 1975 was all the talk that was going on about it. Even though the printed info was limited. There's no doubt in my mind that if someone would have stood up in 1970 and said. "I think the Society is wrong about 1975 and I don't think we should be expecting armageddon at that time." he would have been branded an apostate. seek2find

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ok, this just in:

I ran into a dub drone the other day who cautioned me ad infinitum that we were AT THE END NOW. The brothers KNOW THESE THINGS. When I countered that "Concerning the day and the hour, no one knows, not even the Son", I was told NOT SO! BOTH JESUS AND THE 144,000 DO KNOW at this point exactly when it will be and it is NOW! "Would a general be sent out to do battle without knowing the exact circumstances of what is to happen?" So, I should be very wary of being caught off guard by Satan, because the END IS NOW and the domino effect has started.

I kid you not. It was very difficult to hold my tongue. I highlighted all that part so that all of you are forewarned...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit