Update: Mrs. Chickennest's cancer

by Thechickennest 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

My dear wife has undergone three rounds of chemotherapy as an inpatient at the Mayo Clinic in the past two months. We are returning to Minnesota/Mayo Clinic this Saturday. She will begin seven weeks of chemotherapy/radiation. She is forty four years old. She has a very rare and lethal cancer. It has spread to her lung and the nodes in her neck along the way. The good news is she has responded well to the treatment. Her latest PET scan showed the nodes to be clear of the cancer and the tumors in her sinuses and lung have reduced in size considerably. Mayo is going for a cure. Mrs. C. is very positive and feeling well in spite of the harsh chemotherapy and remaining cancer. It's a miracle really.

Since leaving JW's we have become very active in the community. Now the community has been behind her 110% with fundraisers, visits, prayers, meals brought in, etc. It's been a good lesson for us in humanity that we did not see to this extent with the JW's. They preach it, but it's so conditional its a lost effort. I wish more JW's could see that they are living a lie. JW's care about no one and espessially not for non-JW's. Mrs C. has seven siblings and two parents. They all hang to the old JW ways in a large way, even the ones that don't practice it anymore. She has received the support of one younger sister.....the rest are all a lost cause. Talk about selfishness.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I'm so glad to hear her condition is improving. I will keep her in my prayers.

• flipper
    flipper

CHICKENNEST- I certainly hope Mrs. C continues to respond well to the treatment being given to her. My wife and my thoughts and hopes are with you friend. It is so true after leaving the JW's that we really see how authentic, real and caring non-witnesses are - and I'm so glad you folks are finding that out as well , especially with your extremely challenging situation. Thanks for your update on her ; and please keep us posted on how she is doing . Our hearts are with you, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Sending good thoughts to you both!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sounds nasty. Glad the news is encouraging.

I'm in Sioux Falls. Look me up if ya want.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Damn the FDA! They have wasted the last 60 years on the War Against Curing Cancer (and every other disease). Without them, a brilliant scientist would have found and marketed the cure for cancer, people would have tried it, it would have worked 97% of the time, and people would be using it commonly with a high rate of success. And someone else would improve it, ultimately leading to near 100% total cure rates.

But, no. We had to be stuck with early 1950s "technology" that is obviously not working. They will not take the risk of having a few failures in order to advance things. So, they put fear of having the inevitable failures into our laws, making it a crime to use anything except tried and failed methods. That is why cancer has the same cure rate today, in this 21st Century, as it did in 1950.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So glad that you are both fighting this thing. She is very courageous. Give her a "You go girl" for me!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm so glad both of you are handling this thing so well.

Keep fighting and keep the faith in humanity!

Strength and courage to the both of you.

Sylvia

• rebel8
    rebel8

(( )) Glad you now have real friends to support you.

• carla
    carla

In my thoughts and prayers. Her family is missing out, I'm sorry for the rest. Shame on the jw's!

Glad you have cultivated life outside the jw's and have the support of your community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit