Update: Mrs. Chickennest's cancer

by Thechickennest 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for the update. I am so pleased to hear she is progressing .That is a real tough road to hike,
    So happy to know real friends are helping you both cope, God bless you both ((((HUGS))) to Mrs Chicken & yourself

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I'm glad to hear that she is responding to the chemo. Sending positive vibes her way for a speedy recovery!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Encouraging results so far. Let's hope the next round and the radiation (one of my dear friends used to call that a 'fry-up' session!) will see your wife into remission. Don't give up hope, even if it's the most aggressive cancer, I suspect there are still far too many unknown factors to the disease and its treatments.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Thank you all for your comments and kind words. We had a safe and uneventful trip of about 700 miles to the Mayo Clinic from our home is western South Dakota. Gary B: I almost contacted you last night. We stayed in Sioux Falls. Maybe one of the next times for sure.

• StAnn
    StAnn

She has youth on her side. So glad Mayo thinks they might be able to cure her! My family will keep you and her in our prayers.

StAnn

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Here it is more than a year later since I wrote about this. My 40 some year-old wife went through hell for over a year with very intense radiation treatments and chemotherapy. The cancer is in remission! She was considered terminal from the start and now she is cancer free! Her body has taken a beating from the cancer treatments and she will never be the same but, she is alive and has a life again! If she was a still a witness she would have died in the first couple months of treatments. She had 26 units of blood and components of blood during the radiation and chemotherapy. Her witness mother only sent her one card during the whole ordeal. Her other siblings still in JW world did not even contact her. This treatment from her JW extented family really opened up to us how J. witnesses really do practice hate. What kind of inhumans does it take to shun a close family member when when the chips are down? Jehovah's Witness inhumans is the correct answer! Jehovah's Witnesses and JW relatives and freindsDO PRACTICE HATEwithout exception. My wife is one of the nicest persons you could ever know. Thanks for all your prayers. They were answered!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm so happy to hear this Mr Chickennest!!!

• leec
    leec

Excellent that she is getting better. Never give up. With your emotional support, and the latest in oncology, she has a great chance at beating this.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm new here since your wife's ordeal, but it is wonderful news to hear she is doing good. Tell her to hang in there and this group here is great for support.

Think About It

• AllTimeJeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit